Grimsley wants his money

BHAMBARONS

They are, I believe the owner of the D-Backs called out Grimsley on this, saying he practically stole from the team and that's he's a cheater or some s*** and he will not be getting his money.

I don't see any forseeable way Grims gets any cash out of the Diamondbacks.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 12:22 PM)
They are, I believe the owner of the D-Backs called out Grimsley on this, saying he practically stole from the team and that's he's a cheater or some s*** and he will not be getting his money.

I don't see any forseeable way Grims gets any cash out of the Diamondbacks.

Yes he did and as far as I am concerned there is no record of any conversation other than Grimsley quit which means no money for Grimsley. I really like what Kendrick said " He is a cheater and has always been a cheater and we do not condone cheating"

Does anyone think it is possible that Grimsley might have a case considering that MLB had no rules against what he was doing? Maybe they shot themselves in the foot on this?

I hope that it may be another thing added to the pile to make them fix this mess.

QUOTE(vandy125 @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 02:07 PM)
Does anyone think it is possible that Grimsley might have a case considering that MLB had no rules against what he was doing? Maybe they shot themselves in the foot on this?

I hope that it may be another thing added to the pile to make them fix this mess.

Steroids are against the law. BTW Murdering a teamate is not against the explicit ruleset of Major League Baseball Rules, however I think if you get accused of Murder of a teammate you will get released and not get your money.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 02:10 PM)
Steroids are against the law. BTW Murdering a teamate is not against the explicit ruleset of Major League Baseball Rules, however I think if you get accused of Murder of a teammate you will get released and not get your money.

Grimsley tested positive in 2003. He recieved FULL payment then. He has not tested positive for steroids since.

He admitted that he's switched to HGH, which must be made from the blood of freshly killed babies, hence the murder comparison. Seriously, it's such a dumb argument. Daryl Strawberry put all of his money (illegally) up his nose. That didn't stop anyone from giving him money. Rafael Furcal drives around with an open 40 oz. as his passenger multiple times and gets huge contracts. Julio Lugo and Sammy Sosa smashed up their wives/girlfriends' heads, but they continued to get paid.

The only comparison you have is Denny Naegle, but he played for the Rockies. All you need to know about the Rockies is in the other thread. He signed some kind of morals clause that he could only be caught with expensive hookers, not $40 whores.

If Grimsley wants his money, Grimsley will get his money. The players union will make sure of it.