SS Help

shoota

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 06:22 PM)
Overpayed, overrated, expensive to trade for and plays in the weak NL, which makes switching over to the superior league in the middle of the season incredibly risky.

If he's overpaid, wouldn't he be easier to acquire? The switch to the superior AL could be a problem. Too bad we don't have a hitting coach who could return him to the .308 hitter he was in 2004.

Edited by shoota

QUOTE(shoota @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 06:33 PM)
If he's overpaid, wouldn't he be easier to acquire? The switch to the superior AL could be a problem. Too bad we don't have a hitting coach who could return him to the .308 hitter he was in 2004.

He isn't necessarily overpaid in the eyes of the Pirates who have very few drawing cards as of right now, if he were on the Sox and had his current contract I'd be pissed. Just check out http://www.iratefans.com and you'll see why the Pirates really wouldn't want to move him, they're having enough trouble with pissed off fans now a days they can't afford to trade thier one flashy player especially if they're not getting a very nice package in return which I would never serve up to Pitt for Wilson. $20.2M over the next 3 years for a career .265/.305/.372 hitter. Just for the record Uribe is .257/.300/.423 and Cintron is .280/.318/.409.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 06:43 PM)
You'll be hearing the name Cesar Izturis at some point too, but I don't see Izturis or Wilson to be any better than Cintron is, plus both are paid hansomely I believe. No thanks.

I've heard the name Izturis numerous times and it makes absolutely NO sense to me. The guy would actually make the Sox worse if we acquired him.d

I'm not ready to give up on Juan Uribe. The guy is streaky, and he tends to get hot at the plate at the perfect time of the year -- September-October. Plus, his defense wins ballgames, or have you all forgotten thet last two plays of the WS clinching 1-0 game???

QUOTE(shoota @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...and what was his BA like before that fluke 2004 shoota?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 06:48 PM)
I've heard the name Izturis numerous times and it makes absolutely NO sense to me. The guy would actually make the Sox worse if we acquired him.d

Cesar Izturis career:

.261 average

.295 OBP

.338 slugging

.633 OPS

YUCK!!!! I'll stick with Uribe and Cintron and hope Uribe gets on one of his patented hot streaks.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 06:50 PM)
Cesar Izturis career:

.261 average

.295 OBP

.338 slugging

.633 OPS

YUCK!!!! I'll stick with Uribe and Cintron and hope Uribe gets on one of his patented hot streaks.

And on top of that translate those numbers over to the American league and throw in some major elbow surgery. He would be an absolute disaster.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 06:53 PM)
And on top of that translate those numbers over to the American league and throw in some major elbow surgery. He would be an absolute disaster.

Exactly correct, I don't get why people like him so much.....pre surgery he was a very good defender, but he has much less potential at the plate than Uribe, makes more money, has injury issues, and even healthy is no more than as good as Juan is on defense IMO.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 06:40 PM)
He isn't necessarily overpaid in the eyes of the Pirates who have very few drawing cards as of right now, if he were on the Sox and had his current contract I'd be pissed. Just check out http://www.iratefans.com and you'll see why the Pirates really wouldn't want to move him, they're having enough trouble with pissed off fans now a days they can't afford to trade thier one flashy player especially if they're not getting a very nice package in return which I would never serve up to Pitt for Wilson. $20.2M over the next 3 years for a career .265/.305/.372 hitter. Just for the record Uribe is .257/.300/.423 and Cintron is .280/.318/.409.

Oh damn, that contract is horrible. I rescind my suggestion.

QUOTE(shoota @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 12:02 AM)
Haha, naw, just tweaked. :D

A new shortstop, batting coach, third baseman, announcers and centerfielder is hardly tweaked.

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 06:31 AM)
A new shortstop, batting coach, third baseman, announcers and centerfielder is hardly tweaked.

Don't forget I want two more dominant bullpen pitchers.

While I still have plenty of criticism of Joe Crede, I can't honestly say that I want him replaced. And Anderson has my support in center. I do want a new SS, hitting coach, two lights-out bullpen pitchers and replacements for Garcia and Garland if they cannot pitch as well as they did last season.

That might be more than a tweak, but still short of blowing up the team.

QUOTE(shoota @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 10:06 PM)
Don't forget I want two more dominant bullpen pitchers.

While I still have plenty of criticism of Joe Crede, I can't honestly say that I want him replaced. And Anderson has my support in center. I do want a new SS, hitting coach, two lights-out bullpen pitchers and replacements for Garcia and Garland if they cannot pitch as well as they did last season.

That might be more than a tweak, but still short of blowing up the team.

That's 20% of the team right there. That's called blowing it up.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 09:38 AM)
Im beginning to wonder if this shoota character is even a sox fan.

haha, he used to be a top Joe Crede hater

i guess Uribe is next on his 'list'

ps. he's still a crede hater. just read his most recent post.

haha

f*** crede, if he can't hid .370 he has no business on this team

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 10:24 PM)
And that's overlooking what it would take to make all those changes. Add those into effect and it's an explosion.

Yeah, it would probably cost just about 100% of our top minor league talent, in other words his requests are completely unrealistic.