SS Help

shoota

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 08:54 PM)
Hasn't it already been mentioned 100 times that Freddy is intentionally taking speed off his fastball for more movement?

Not only that, but for control as well. From what I've seen, Freddy's four-seamer tends to be in the low '90s and his two-seamer is in the upper 80s. Not dominating stuff, but when he's locating that 75 mph hook, he's effective. When he can't locate, he gets hammered.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, if all three of these guys (Freddy, Jon, Javy) are still struggling in August and September, I'd stand pat this winter and have B-Mac compete with them in ST for the 5th spot in the rotation. The loser would get demoted to long relief and, assuming it's not B-Mac, traded by next year's deadline. I understand that KW wants to get Brandon into the rotation next season, but there's just so much uncertainty right now that it's be counter-productive to trade away one of the current starters in the offseason.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 07:15 PM)
Further complicating matters are Freddy's relationship with Ozzie and Jon's relationshp with Mark.

Don't worry about this...Kenny will trade anyone if he thinks it will upgrade the team, just ask Aaron Rowand. Remember, he is tight with Crede and AJ.