I left the game early tonight.

rangercal

:bang I feel very stupid right now. I know we did not win, but I can only imagine the energy over there. If the sox won, I would have felt like that redsox comeback scene in fever pitch.

did anyone else also leave early?

Edited by rangercal

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 10:33 PM)
I cannot imagine ever leaving a game early.

^^^^^^^^

Could never do it even if it was 20-0. I paid to see a baseball game, and if we get blown out, I'll still cheer for the Andersons, Gloads, Ozunas, etc.. to have good games and still have a good time at the ballpark.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 10:29 PM)
:bang I feel very stupid right now. I know we did not win, but I can only imagine the energy over there. If the sox won, I would have felt like that redsox comeback scene in fever pitch.

**Raises hand**...my dad drove tonight though, so it was his choice.

On another note...

What was with all the fights tonight? It seemed like Half Price Monday. It was absolutely pathetic; I felt embarrassed.

What a loser. :headshake

QUOTE(bmags @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 11:40 PM)
i can't blame you, sunday night, work next morning...tough calls.

If there was ever a night where I would leave early, this would be it. Having to work early the next morning, down eight late in the game. Tough call for sure.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 11:33 PM)
I cannot imagine ever leaving a game early.

I've had to before once, but that was because I had to. It was a Sunday night game in Baltimore, which is a bit of a drive from where I live :P I think we left at 10 or so with the Sox up 9-4.

no offense man, but you're a fool. i learned a long time ago that leaving ANY sporting event even if down by an enormous amount of runs/points is like throwing away all the $ you paid for the tickets. especially for a team like our sox, come from behind wins are our specialty, hence game 1 & 2 of this series. you non-believer!

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 10:47 PM)
I can tell you the one circumstance where it is allowed, and I participated.

Your college football team is down 10 to Baylor with 3 minutes left.

Then it's fine.

i was at that game.

not the biggest of iowa state fans but that game against OU a few years ago when the goalposts were torn down and carried to the pond was pretty cool.

Stayed when they were losing 9-2 to the royals in 04 in september, with an hour rain delay, so i would have stayed for this one.Then again i was at the game when they were losing 8-0 to the cubs and they came back and won. So i have learned to never leave a game, no matter what the score.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 11:33 PM)
The dumbest thing I did tonight was not wear a sweatshirt or jeans to the game but I stayed.

Was that you out there in the stands with your friends with your shirt off with the "I" in "White Sox!" ?! :wub: :P :lol: