I left the game early tonight.

rangercal

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the Big Frank walk off hr against the twins in 03. When Konerko came up in the bottom of the 9th while we were losing people were walking towards the stands, then they came back when he hit the tying HR.

This is the first time in my life time leaving early btw,

It's easy for everyone to say they would have stayed. If you weren't there you don't really no for sure. If the score stayed 10-2 , this thread would not be in question.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 11:43 PM)
I was at the Big Frank walk off hr against the twins in 03. When Konerko came up in the bottom of the 9th while we were losing people were walking towards the stands, then they came back when he hit the tying HR.

I remember that game. Classic.

I figure if you commit to go to a game, you are there

for the long haul. Too much can happen, like tonight.

Of course two hour rain delays and all that ... it might be time to leave.

That's stupid to sit 3 hours waiting when you know more rain is coming, etc.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 11:56 PM)
I figure if you commit to go to a game, you are there

for the long haul. Too much can happen, like tonight.

Of course two hour rain delays and all that ... it might be time to leave.

That's stupid to sit 3 hours waiting when you know more rain is coming, etc.

Sounds like opening day. I must have been one of four people still at the park when the game resumed.

Don't feel bad if any of you guys left the game early tonight. In 2003, I was at the Bears/Browns game. Mike Brown game #2. My sister and mom were b****ing about being cold and we were down by 14 with under 2:00 to go. A catch was under review with I think it was 1:28 left. My dad gave in and we walked outside Soldier Field to wait in line for a bus back to the Grant Street garage. To top it off, our seats were in the 2nd row in the exact corner of the endzone where the hail mary happened and where Mike Brown ran straight into the locker room after the game. All I could do was hear the fans go wild :( I was soooo pissed at my sister and mom.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 12:06 AM)
Don't feel bad if any of you guys left the game early tonight. In 2003, I was at the Bears/Browns game. Mike Brown game #2. My sister and mom were b****ing about being cold and we were down by 14 with under 2:00 to go. A catch was under review with I think it was 1:28 left. My dad gave in and we walked outside Soldier Field to wait in line for a bus back to the Grant Street garage. To top it off, our seats were in the 2nd row in the exact corner of the endzone where the hail mary happened and where Mike Brown ran straight into the locker room after the game. All I could do was hear the fans go wild :( I was soooo pissed at my sister and mom.

That was 2001. :)

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 12:06 AM)

Wow ... yeah that one hurt me and I'm jsut reading it.

QUOTE(SnB @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 12:04 AM)
the game after the ASG in '03, i sat through a rain delay for 3 hours, then finally decided to leave. When i got home, the game had started, at like 10:45pm.

Yeah, I was pissed.

against detroit, ancd iirc thats when the wining streak started and hawk shaved his head.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 05:06 AM)

I was at that game in '01 and the one the comeback the week before against SF. Those 2 games taught me never to leave no matter what the circumstances.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 11:47 PM)

It's easy for everyone to say they would have stayed. If you weren't there you don't really no for sure. If the score stayed 10-2 , this thread would not be in question.

Yeah i was there, that was awesome so much drama. 2nd best game i've been to, best is WS game 2.

I think this team has shown in the last year and a half, you should NEVER give up on them, no matter what stage of the game it's in, and how much we're behind.

We've had so many late inning comebacks, it almost seems like second nature to us, and it's great to know even if we're only behind by a run or 2, the guys swinging the bat can get that back and hit in the clutch.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 10:29 PM)
:bang I feel very stupid right now. I know we did not win, but I can only imagine the energy over there. If the sox won, I would have felt like that redsox comeback scene in fever pitch.

did anyone else also leave early?

I left early too. :( The person I was with wanted to leave after the 7th, and since he was driving, and with the Sox down 9-1 and it being a Sunday night, I said sure, let's go.

And when we turned on the radio in the car and listened to the 9th, we were kicking ourselves!

Only game I ever left early was a Bulls/Heat game in 2003. Bulls were down like 25 with 8 seconds left and I got up with my dad and went home. No comeback win for the Bulls, btw.

I can surely say I have never left a White Sox game early though. And I do not plan on doing so.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 12:11 AM)
That was 2001. :)

Yeah why the hell did I type 2003? I definitely knew it was 01..

2nd row in the exact corner! :( Clearly I'm still not over it 5 years later. To top it off, that game was selected "Game of the Year" on the ESPYs that year. :angry:

HA HA..

I stayed to very last out.

A cple years ago I left early.. and missed a greta comeback.

I vowed never ever to leave a game early again.

Despite the half empty stadium. This is the loudest I have heard the cell all year!!