Quest Tec UmpireTechnology

Gregory Pratt

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 02:12 PM)
or won 15 games a year for a bunch of years .........

Yeah, that has nothing to do with being on some great teams and being just a great pitcher. 6 inches is all the way into the other batter's box.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 03:17 PM)
Yeah, that has nothing to do with being on some great teams and being just a great pitcher. 6 inches is all the way into the other batter's box.

:rolly

I know it's "not cool" to say negative things about the other team and it's players, but get real. Everyone knows Maddux had an extended strike zone. How else do you walk like 10 guys a year and have an ERA below 2. He's a great pitcher, a hall of famer, one of the best of all time. He earned those extra inches off the plate. But his numbers are so ridiculous because of those extra inches. It's just a known fact and I never thought someone would argue it.

Geez, I can't win around here.

QUOTE(SoxFan76 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 03:24 PM)
:rolly

I know it's "not cool" to say negative things about the other team and it's players, but get real. Everyone knows Maddux had an extended strike zone. How else do you walk like 10 guys a year and have an ERA below 2. He's a great pitcher, a hall of famer, one of the best of all time. He earned those extra inches off the plate. But his numbers are so ridiculous because of those extra inches. It's just a known fact and I never thought someone would argue it.

Geez, I can't win around here.

You can't win because you're making ridiculous claims, no one denies the fact that Maddux has always had a large strike zone but 6 inches is f***ing excessive.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 03:30 PM)
.......... no one denies the fact that Maddux has always had a large strike zone but 6 inches is f***ing excessive.

that might not be too far off. Ive watched some umps give him that and Ive watched other umps

bring him back to "earth" and he has a much harder time. One thing is clear right now, the guy is clearly running on fumes now

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 03:30 PM)
You can't win because you're making ridiculous claims, no one denies the fact that Maddux has always had a large strike zone but 6 inches is f***ing excessive.

It was a "f***ing" exaggeration.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 11:34 AM)
Exactly why I asked if you were using hyperbole, it's not hard to answer a simple question.

Ahh, we got another smart ass on our hands. Is this part of the initiation process or what? I feel like I'm arguing with my little brother.

QUOTE(SoxFan76 @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 01:43 PM)
Ahh, we got another smart ass on our hands. Is this part of the initiation process or what? I feel like I'm arguing with my little brother.

Seems like you enjoy arguing more than having a civilized discussion.

What about this confused you:

Hyperbole? If he were getting 6 inches off the corner he'd of thrown about 10 perfect games by now.

Perhaps you don't understand the definition of hyperbole?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 01:55 PM)
Seems like you enjoy arguing more than having a civilized discussion.

What about this confused you:

Perhaps you don't understand the definition of hyperbole?

If I'm going to get smart ass comments every time I say something, I'm going to defend myself.

And no, I did not know the definition of a hyperbole. I'm a math major, I know hyperboLAS! :D

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:14 PM)
I'm color-blind...I have no idea which one is green. :banghead

Maybe I can help. The sixth column over is green. The fourth or fifth box from the top of that column should be what you need.