Ozzie Lambasted Over Weekend. Do you Agree??

Hangar18

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 11:13 AM)
Radio shows over the weekend were buzzing with "hosts" labeling Ozzie as EVIL for his stance that Grimsley should just shut up and quit outing people. The morning hosts over at The Score (Sox flagship) spent the entire morning saying the Ozz should be condemning people for this behavior, and not defending them.

I didnt think Ozz was defending them, but he was made a Villain over the weekend, including Rick Morrisseys bogus column. Anyone agree with these people?

Umm....What Grimsley is involved in goes beyond baseball. It could be a matter of life or death. If "outing" people makes other players think twice about using steroids and risking their life dangerously, then it's definitely the right move. Steroids have no place in the game of baseball (or any game for that matter).

Also, I don't think the Feds were asking Grimsley nicely to hand over names. Ozzie just doesn't seem to get it with quotes like that.

Edited by chuckywang

I'm with whitesoxfan101, if Ozzie is defending anyone on roids than he can flat out piss off. Now If I misunderstand what he was getting at, thats one thing, but if he's sitting there saying Grimsley shouldn't rat out other guys or tell people whats really going on than he can piss off as could any other player.

I hope people come clean and whoever is using gets busted, even if its Sox players, because I want a clean game. Between now and than I'll still be rooting for my team and booing any sob that gets caught (even if I found out my favorite player, ie Konerko, was roiding, I'd boo him).

mariotti's column was awful.

here the Sox have the most colorful quotable announcer ever and that

dip is upset.

Give me a break.

Oz is a breath of fresh air!!!!! And Mariotti knows that deep down.

He's just having his little war with the sox.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 07:35 PM)
I did listen. Ozzie did not say he was pro drug use, but what he did say was basically a rat and a bad guy for "ratting people out". Well how about I send two dozen feds to Ozzie's house, while he has HGH in it, have the feds offer to take it easy on him if he talks, and see how he reacts.

IT'S THE FEDS PEOPLE, you don't just "clam up" and "not snitch" when it's the f***ing feds.

What you say here is 100% correct. To say Ozzie is defending cheaters is not.

Palmeiro, McGwire, Sosa had their chance to "come clean" and didn't. Instead they lied in front of a Congressional committee. They had the chance to prepare and seek legal advice before they lied. Grimsley was trapped like a rat. I am sure his reaction is the same as it would have been for anyone else in that situation. He didn't lie. Not saying anything, as Ozzie would like Grimsley to do, is the same as lying, and they would have carted his ass off in cuffs and ripped his home and family life apart. I don't think defending cheaters and lawbreakers had priority in his immediate situation. Now that he has had time to get counseled by the legal experts on how to shut his mouth, he is. These enablers and defenders for cheaters is an industry into itself. Grimsley did a normal thing. Ozzie does not need to pile on. It will only hurt the Sox in the long run.

The rampant use of illegal beans happens because , to date, only a handful of players have talked. Honor goes just so far, and this good old boy, fraternity of brothers crap needs to stop.

Edited by wallyburger

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 07:35 PM)
I did listen. Ozzie did not say he was pro drug use, but what he did say was basically a rat and a bad guy for "ratting people out". Well how about I send two dozen feds to Ozzie's house, while he has HGH in it, have the feds offer to take it easy on him if he talks, and see how he reacts.

IT'S THE FEDS PEOPLE, you don't just "clam up" and "not snitch" when it's the f***ing feds.

Your point is good ............. but thats based on Ozzie saying nobody should be talking. Your Right,

once the Feds start asking questions, you have no choice but to answer. The Radio Mediots dedicated the entire show to blasting Ozzie because somehow, his comments mustve meant he was Pro Drug Use.

It was ridiculous that the show was about Ozzie when it shouldve been about Was Grimsley in the right or wrong?

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 08:43 AM)
It was ridiculous that the show was about Ozzie when it shouldve been about Was Grimsley in the right or wrong?

What...? And give you another opportunity to b**** and moan and whine and cry about how the media isn't talking about something related to the White Sox...

:rolly

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 08:45 AM)
What...? And give you another opportunity to b**** and moan and whine and cry about how the media isn't talking about something related to the White Sox...

:rolly

A shot ... and a GOAL!

A shot ... and a GOAL!

Love the Lloyd Pettit reference Yas but there's another famous soundbyte of his which might be more appropriate here ...

"There's a left ... and a right ... and another right ... and another right!"

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 11:50 AM)
As usual, the difference in culture and backround get lost in translation. In a Latin culture, selling out someone close to you is a much bigger deal in a Catholic family oriented society. In many of the poor countries these people are looked at as a means of survival in a world that doesn't care about them. That same feeling is carried over to teammates, friends, etc for many Latinos.

I would have been shocked if Ozzie DIDN'T say something to be honest. This is par for the course for him.

I wonder if some of the defense attorney's with clients involved with Operation Family Secrets will be able to use this defense.

Your honor, the reason we killed those stoolies is that in our Chicago Outfit culture, selling out someone close to you is a much bigger deal than in your law abiding society.

I can see Joey the Clown taking this and running with it. :P