Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle crash

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having a REAL hard time feeling sorry for him right now. This is the same guy that defended Kellen Winslow Jr. for not wearing his helmet on the injury that almost cost him his career. Then he re-buffed Cowhers, and the entire Steeler organziation's attempts to beg Ben to atleast wear a helmet, if not stop riding his motorcycle.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 09:50 AM)
Real dumbass...wasn't wearing a helmet.

Despite the fact that he wears one at his job. :huh:

I've heard broken jaw, facial lacerations, missing teeth... and have also heard severe concussion, partially-collapsed lung and broken leg, but can't confirm that.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 10:55 AM)
Despite the fact that he wears one at his job. :huh:

I've heard broken jaw, facial lacerations, missing teeth... and have also heard severe concussion, partially-collapsed lung and broken leg, but can't confirm that.

I don't ride bikes, cause I know I'm one of those dumbasses that gets cocky and than does something stupid and gets hurt. Did that this winter snowboarding (f***ed my knee up real good for a while) and I try to be real careful with that.

Although it sounds like he just rides so its not like he was trying to be doing trick after trick in his croch rocket like a dumbass. Still, you should always wear a helmet.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 11:50 AM)
Real dumbass...wasn't wearing a helmet.

For sure? MSNBC says this..

"It was not known whether Roethlisberger was wearing a helmet when he crashed."

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 02:12 PM)

"The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported that Roethlisberger wasn't wearing a helmet. The Associated Press reported it wasn't clear whether he was wearing a helmet or not."

ESPN

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 11:12 AM)

The 24-year-old Roethlisberger likes to ride without a helmet, a habit that once prompted coach Bill Cowher to lecture him on the dangers.

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported that Roethlisberger wasn't wearing a helmet. The Associated Press reported it wasn't clear whether he was wearing a helmet or not.

ESPN

Looks like he's in surgery right now to help his broken jaw. Doctor's said he was alert and conscious and knew his own name, which was a good sign. We will just see how severe the concussion is and if any ligaments are torn. As pissed off as I am at him, I will be praying for him.

Edited by Palehosefan

Thanks guys. I had just read the link Mike posted.

I got this from a co-worker who's brother lives and works for channel 4 in Pitts.

"All indications are that Ben never saw what was coming. No skid marks. He impacted on the windshield. The van turned into his path at an intersection when the van was turning left. Witnesses said Ben had the green light. Ben landed on his head. He did try to get up but it wasn't able to. Witnesses held him still until help arrived. Knew his name, etc. Van from Maine. Ben was on his way to practice after an 8:30am radio interview. Coach and most of the team is at the hospital. He's serious but no longer critical as was reported."

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 01:43 PM)
Thanks guys. I had just read the like Mike posted.

I got this from a co-worker who's brother lives and works for channel 4 in Pitts.

"All indications are that Ben never saw what was coming. No skid marks. He impacted on the windshield. The van turned into his path at an intersection when the van was turning left. Witnesses said Ben had the green light. Ben landed on his head. He did try to get up but it wasn't able to. Witnesses held him still until help arrived. Knew his name, etc. Van from Maine. Ben was on his way to practice after an 8:30am radio interview. Coach and most of the team is at the hospital. He's serious but no longer critical as was reported."

And that is EXACTLY why you wear a helmet. It isn't that you don't know what you are doing, it is because you don't know what everyone else is doing.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 03:05 PM)
According to George Offman he lost most of his teeth and messed up both knees to go along with all the usual facial and head lacerations plus the collapsed lung and broken jaw.

that sucks so bad.

The guy is a class act, I hope the NFL doesnt lose him for good.