Game Thread: Sox @ Rangers, 6:05 Start, Contreras v. Koronka

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 06:30 PM)
His pitch count is still VERY low, so no. However the first sign of trouble, and I say get out the hook.

Yeah, I agree. He doesn't look tired, either. He was still hitting 95 last inning.

Jose :wub:

Count in terms of raw stuff, looks the best he has all year tonight IMO. His lack of strikeouts has shown to me that has stuff wasn't there (and is a credit to how well he's pitched without striking out a ton of people), but tonight he has all the pitches working.

And Jose has got through 8, allowing 3 runs, 6 hits, zero walks, 11 k's (career high) and throwing 108 pitches (75 for strikes, damn).

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 08:39 PM)
wow, when they put that stat up about Jose .695 lifetime winning percentage......just makes me want to hug Estaban Loaiza for having a career year in '03....

Yep, I thought that 21 win season had died in vain when we failed to make the playoffs and he didn't win the Cy. Boy I could not have been any more wrong.

The one problem tonight? Jose's ERA will skyrocket from 2.54 to 2.62.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 07:38 PM)
Count in terms of raw stuff, looks the best he has all year tonight IMO. His lack of strikeouts has shown to me that has stuff wasn't there (and is a credit to how well he's pitched without striking out a ton of people), but tonight he has all the pitches working.

And Jose has got through 8, allowing 3 runs, 6 hits, zero walks, 11 k's (career high) and throwing 108 pitches (75 for strikes, damn).

And funny enough it's his third worst start of the year results wise, though against one of the better offensive teams in one of the better offensive parks.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 06:39 PM)
wow, when they put that stat up about Jose .695 lifetime winning percentage......just makes me want to hug Estaban Loaiza for having a career year in '03....

... and not to mention George Steinbrenner for being an impatient boob.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 07:42 PM)
... and not to mention George Steinbrenner for being an impatient boob.

Well, I'm not 100% sure JOse would be the pitcher he is today if he were still in NY. As we know now a lot of it was just being in a bad situation in NY. He needed to get out of there. His stuff was always awesome, but he had to find a spot where he was comfortable.