So you think our storms are bad?

southsider2k5

Amateur astronomers first noticed the gap closing between the two storms and notified NASA, said Orton. Jupiter is clearly visible in the evening sky. It can be founded about halfway up in the southeastern sky at sunset.

You see this so much more from the so called professionals, these days.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 11:52 PM)
So you're an astronomy expert too? haha

My division is the Geological and Planetary Sciences Division, so we get a wide variety of talks coming through. Hell, JPL's director has an office in the building next door to me.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 10:47 AM)
My division is the Geological and Planetary Sciences Division, so we get a wide variety of talks coming through. Hell, JPL's director has an office in the building next door to me.

Sweet. Astronomy was always something I wanted to get into, but I got sick and tired of math and just wasn't very good at physics so that was short lived. I still love reading about it or looking at planets and stars through a telescope. What I really want to do someday is go to the southern hemisphere and get a look at their stars.