Upcoming schedule

NYSox35

I just thought I'd start a thread to see what everyone thinks about the upcoming schedule...

This was brought on by the top two threads being about angled seats and putting pablo in the rotation (Not that there's anything wrong with that).

Anyway, it looks pretty tough. 3 more @ Tex, then @ Cincy - who is surprisingly decent this year, STL & Houston, and then the cubs - who granted, they suck, but always play us tough.

STL is without pujols, but they're obviously good.

I'm glad we're playing good ball b/c this is definitely not an easy stretch.

QUOTE(NYSox35 @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 11:05 AM)
I just thought I'd start a thread to see what everyone thinks about the upcoming schedule...

This was brought on by the top two threads being about angled seats and putting pablo in the rotation (Not that there's anything wrong with that).

Anyway, it looks pretty tough. 3 more @ Tex, then @ Cincy - who is surprisingly decent this year, STL & Houston, and then the cubs - who granted, they suck, but always play us tough.

Every one of those teams have a very tough series against the defending World Champs! I think we can handle it.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 12:13 PM)
Every one of those teams have a very tough series against the defending World Champs! I think we can handle it.

hmm...good point!

Just my pessimistic nature I guess. Although I'm no fathom :D

My take, FWIW:

Texas is tough, although I like the Sox' chances against Texas pitching.

Both Cincy and St. Lou seem pretty beatable right now.

Houston is picking it up a bit right now, and might get up for a "rematch" against the World Champs.

I think the Sox will be all right.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 11:22 AM)
My take, FWIW:

Houston is picking it up a bit right now, and might get up for a "rematch" against the World Champs.

The good thing about Texas is that they are under .500 at home. Thier pitching is better on the road.

Agree with Cincy and Cards. With Poo-holes on the DL they become beatable. With Houston, all I am going to say is "Lidge". :D

QUOTE(NYSox35 @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 11:05 AM)

....................and then NY and Boston soon after that. I'm excited!

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 10:15 AM)
The schedule evens out after 162 games. Any team that can't beat the tough ones and handle a rough schedule doesn't belong on top. I think the Sox can handle it.

Not exactly any more. With the unbalanced schedules and the focusing on rivalries in Interleague play, some things do get screwed up. The Cub/Astro fans have been pretty unhappy the last few years when the Cardinals have had the luxury of 2 series against the Royals in interleague play, while the Cubs drew the Sox. Also, ther'es a lot of disparity between the divisions too...the NL West was ripe for the plucking last year, and looks much stronger this year.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 09:22 AM)
My take, FWIW:

I pretty much agree. Texas is in first place only because the AL West is awful. Cincy is getting decent pitcing right now, but none of those guys are good enough to sustain it all season. St. Louis and Houston are the only teams that have enough pitching talent to scare me. But even after those six tough games against the Cards and Astros, we have 10 against the Pirates, Cubs, and Orioles.

QUOTE(SoxFanInDallas @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 12:07 PM)
With Poo-holes on the DL they become beatable.

lol this reminded me of a joke my brother told me a while ago

whats the different between cubs fans and cardinal fans?

cards fans like pujols,

cubs fans like poo holes!

Edited by lukeman89

QUOTE(lukeman89 @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 03:28 PM)
lol this reminded me of a joke my brother told me a while ago

whats the different between cubs fans and cardinal fans?

cards fans like pujols,

cubs fans like poo holes!

That is the worst joke ever