June 13th game

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 06:46 PM)
s***, I didn't realize that I was THAT right about Garland sucking in Texas.

Its time to turn it around. Buerhle pitched well against Cleveland and Sabbathia. Maybe Garland can continue the turnaround. I think the Sox will be able to score a lot of runs tonight.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually thought Jon G had his best stuff of the season in his last start. Then he completely lost his head after the defensive lapses. This seems a common thread among Sox starters, as Mark B has suffered the same problem this season.

It's time for Jon to put excuses aside and stop leaving pitches up in the zone--poor defense or not.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 06:55 PM)
I actually thought Jon G had his best stuff of the season in his last start. Then he completely lost his head after the defensive lapses. This seems a common thread among Sox starters, as Mark B has suffered the same problem this season.

It's time for Jon to put excuses aside and stop leaving pitches up in the zone--poor defense or not.

The defensive lapses didn't cost him any runs last time out. He was getting hit hard most of the night, although he did strike some guys out. Seriously, he could have very easily given up 7 homers his last start.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 06:56 PM)
I was at the Oakland game where ol' Jonny pitched.

The Frank return game.

Instead of "Judy", his nickname should be "The Waiter" because he was servin' it up to a lot of different guys that game.

I thought that was the in game tribute they were giving to Frank. A couple of Garland meatballs. Frank hit 3 shots off him. 2 were over the fence.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 07:58 PM)
I thought that was the in game tribute they were giving to Frank. A couple of Garland meatballs. Frank hit 3 shots off him. 2 were over the fence.

I thought the same thing after that first HR until Garland "honored" Bobby Crosby.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 12:03 AM)
Frank was hitting like Brian Anderson at the time.

Which makes my point even more valid. Thanks for making it.

To clarify - Mr. Thomas knew EXACTLY what was coming.

Even though his average is down, I think Pods is having a much better offensive season this season than last.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 07:05 PM)
Which makes my point even more valid. Thanks for making it.

To clarify - Mr. Thomas knew EXACTLY what was coming.

Which doesn't make him unique this season against Garland.

I'm not going to argue this a thousand ways, but the point is Garland tipped Thomas, in my opinion.

So, when saying he sucks, leave that game out of it, because he knew he was going to suck, to one said batter in particular. Got it?

If I were the GM of the White Sox, I would seriously consider trading Iguchi. Let Cintron and Pablo platoon at second. There's something about Iguchi that I just don't like, and I'm really not sure what it is, but I have the feeling his performance is ready to really swan dive.

You can cancel the postgame show.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 08:14 PM)
Thru one batter, Garland has nothing on his pitches. It's amazing to compare his sinker to guys like Westbrook and Webb.

Well he did induce 3 ground balls there. I don't have the tv feed, so only going by gamecast =/