June 13th game

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 09:08 PM)
Except when McCarthy made his first start there last season, and every flyball was gone. Left field at Cleveland has that type of feeling for me.

Me too. On TV, you would think right handed power hitters would die in Cleveland.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 02:10 AM)
If McCarthy could become consistant in the bullpen, maybe if he consistantly pitched, it would be huge for this team.

The one weakness I've seen from him is his control. He hasn't walked a lot of people, but he gets behind in the count. His changeup also seems to be consistently higher in the zone than it was during his great stretch last year.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 10:10 PM)
The Rangers station has a whole lot of public announcements for commercials (between the one with the hockey player telling his daughter he loves her, the one with the young girl talking about older boys, and then this past one).

This surfing commercial is getting lame too.

Is that Stu Grimson?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 07:10 PM)
If McCarthy could become consistant in the bullpen, maybe if he consistantly pitched, it would be huge for this team.

I said it at the start of the season and I think the same way now, but for us to make serious noise, we are going to have to develop McCarthy into being that 8th inning righty out of the pen. He may not be able to go everyday, but if its in the post-seaosn that won't be a problem since you'll have the extra days off for the purpose of TV.

Him and Cotts are going to be very key and I got a lot of faith in Cotts and its just a matter of Ozzie using McCarthy more which should get him in a groove and help him out (although I doubt we'll use him in back to back games much at all and I don't blame Ozzie for that).

Than if one of Tracey/Montero can develop into that back of the pen guy (and I think Tracey is definately capable of that and if Montero keeps coming out and throwing strikes he's also capable of that) with of course Jenks in the closers spot. That basically leaves Thornton as the LOOGY with us needing 1 more vet who can be a swingman type guy in the 7th inning. Hernandez or Hawkins could be that guy.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 07:11 PM)
The one weakness I've seen from him is his control. He hasn't walked a lot of people, but he gets behind in the count. His changeup also seems to be consistently higher in the zone than it was during his great stretch last year.

His control has been erratic all season and thats been his career strength. I truly believe this is because he's had to sit and not pitch a lot this year and once we start using him 2-3 times a week we should be in a lot better shape cause it will give him enough time to get into a rhythm.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 09:10 PM)
The Rangers station has a whole lot of public announcements for commercials (between the one with the hockey player telling his daughter he loves her, the one with the young girl talking about older boys, and then this past one).

The Sexual Abstinence program must not be working in Texas.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 02:15 AM)
Its channel 27, its on tv so MLB doesn't put in commercials.

27 doesn't have it's own commercial base, it's independant, so that's why. I never watch it except when the Rangers and Stars are on.