Sheriff Joe's Round them up immigration policy

BHAMBARONS

QUOTE(minors @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 11:21 PM)
Oh come on he is not sick, If we keep making these expections no body would be in jail. We need to stop being so soft on criminals and stop coddling these thugs like some people want to do. But I guess if the women who killed her 5 kids used that as an excuse I am sure it work for him as well.

Hell yeah! Who needs psychologists and psychiatrists with empirical evidence of post-partum depression, genetic predisposition to being schizophrenic, hearing voices, severely delusional thoughts and voices and other mental disorders! We need to execute more and more people instead of using logic to find out all the necessary facts to see if compassion and mercy should be extolled.

Hard time in a prison and/or executing her isn't and wasn't going to cure Andrea Yates of her severe depression and schizophrenia -- or make us safer. She can be safely institutionalized where she gets the help she needs and will spend her life in an asylum.

The total lack of facts, logic, rational thinking and reason to utter the statements that insane asylums are "coddling" is mindblowing to me. But then again I'm sure there is a cabal of leftist liberals who sit around doing field tests and empirical research just to get criminals off rather than exploring the brain and how it works, especially in cases of mental diseases and disorders.

Sorry for the vitriol but what you said was one of the most crass, insensitive and, quite frankly, asinine things I've ever heard uttered.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 03:20 AM)
Hell yeah! Who needs psychologists and psychiatrists with empirical evidence of post-partum depression, genetic predisposition to being schizophrenic, hearing voices, severely delusional thoughts and voices and other mental disorders! We need to execute more and more people instead of using logic to find out all the necessary facts to see if compassion and mercy should be extolled.

Hard time in a prison and/or executing her isn't and wasn't going to cure Andrea Yates of her severe depression and schizophrenia -- or make us safer. She can be safely institutionalized where she gets the help she needs and will spend her life in an asylum.

The total lack of facts, logic, rational thinking and reason to utter the statements that insane asylums are "coddling" is mindblowing to me. But then again I'm sure there is a cabal of leftist liberals who sit around doing field tests and empirical research just to get criminals off rather than exploring the brain and how it works, especially in cases of mental diseases and disorders.

Sorry for the vitriol but what you said was one of the most crass, insensitive and, quite frankly, asinine things I've ever heard uttered.

I have a really hard time extending compassion or mercy to anyone who offs 5 children, regardless of what mental illness MIGHT be afflicting her. If someone is so mentally ill that they will commit mass murder then they should never see the light of day ever again. As for Yates. Oh we're never going to let her out but we're sure gonna spend millions of dollars on shrinks to cure her! Thats what's asinine, not what Minors had to say.

What Minors was talking about might have been crass and insensitive but the logic of it sure beats keeping someone around for about 3-4 decades and spending money on shrinks that whole time for someone who will never and should never see the light of day again.

Really you made this all about Yates when really I was talking about the serial sniper. I only said that if Yates is going to a hospital then so will this guy. I have never once said that Yates deserved to die maybe my choice of words led you to think that. My whole coddling thing was in relation to the sniper not to Andrea Yates.