OFFICIAL GO CUBBIES THIS WEEKEND THREAD!!!

whitesoxfan101

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 01:33 PM)
I had to go to northsidebaseball.com and read some of their game thread. One guy posting was at the game and left after the 1st inning. They are pretty funny in making fun of their players over there. One guy was quoted "If Prior would be allowed to pitch with a towel, he'd be Cy Young."

That was some of the most hilarious reading I have done in a while.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 12:56 AM)
If AJ really said that, tell him not to complain if the Sox finish w/in 3 games of the Tigers on October 1.

Well to take another angle on that comment, if the SOX were hoping for the Cubs (of all teams) to help them, then you know your in trouble. Fact is, the SOX gave away at least 5 maddening games in April/May that I said back then ............ are the kinds of games that add up later in the year. We should be LEADING the division by 4 or 5 games, not be behind 1.5 games like we are. Losing 2 of 3 to KC, and 2 of 3 to Tampa early on is killing us right now. We needed the Tigers to stumble a bit so we could overtake them, but then the SOX also decided to stumble at the same time.

Well to take another angle on that comment, if the SOX were hoping for the Cubs (of all teams) to help them, then you know your in trouble. Fact is, the SOX gave away at least 5 maddening games in April/May that I said back then ............ are the kinds of games that add up later in the year. We should be LEADING the division by 4 or 5 games, not be behind 1.5 games like we are. Losing 2 of 3 to KC, and 2 of 3 to Tampa early on is killing us right now. We needed the Tigers to stumble a bit so we could overtake them, but then the SOX also decided to stumble at the same time.

Yes, but every game counts, and the fact that he was rooting for the Tigers to win tells me that if the Sox finish w/in 3 games of the Tigers, he'd have wanted that