Katrina Fraud

minors

My question is why do we hear so much about all this fraud going on but not about any prosecutions or people getting jail time? Are federal officials wetting their pants about the prospect of putting Katrina leeches behind bars for fear of getting Jesse Jackson and his ilk all upset?

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 02:34 AM)
My question is why do we hear so much about all this fraud going on but not about any prosecutions or people getting jail time? Are federal officials wetting their pants about the prospect of putting Katrina leeches behind bars for fear of getting Jesse Jackson and his ilk all upset?

They are embarrassed because they effed up? IMO, the could have prevented most of this fraud.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 04:51 AM)
They are embarrassed because they effed up? IMO, the could have prevented most of this fraud.

Yeah. I bet if they put Haliburton in charge of the contract, all would have been well with the world.

:ph34r:

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Back to reality, Steff, I do completely agree with you. Its amazing how poorly the response to Katrina was managed at all levels, from day 1, and still continues.

QUOTE(minors @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 02:50 AM)
People who pray on Natural dissasters and people's suffering are the worst scum out there luckly they will all rot in hell for there actions.

Katrina

Spell/grammar check, Brother. You make Gage look like a Rhodes Scholar. :bang

QUOTE(minors @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 01:50 AM)
People who pray on Natural dissasters and people's suffering are the worst scum out there luckly they will all rot in hell for there actions.

Katrina

It's one thing to spend company money to go to subway for lunch every now and then. It's whole other story to pull this crap. Your government dollars at work.

On a whole other side note: I have a friend who has been to Iraq and I heard stories from another guy.... you'd be SHOCKED to find out how much money is waisted over there. It's a rediculous!

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:39 AM)
It's one thing to spend company money to go to subway for lunch every now and then. It's whole other story to pull this crap. Your government dollars at work.

On a whole other side note: I have a friend who has been to Iraq and I heard stories from another guy.... you'd be SHOCKED to find out how much money is waisted over there. It's a rediculous!

I believe the amount of money unaccounted for in Iraq is roughly enough to rebuild NOLA's entire Levee system. And that's just the stuff that's gone missing from the old UN Oil for Food dollars, not even counting the $ that the U.S. has shipped over.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 12:55 PM)
I believe the amount of money unaccounted for in Iraq is roughly enough to rebuild NOLA's entire Levee system. And that's just the stuff that's gone missing from the old UN Oil for Food dollars, not even counting the $ that the U.S. has shipped over.

And mybe we'd be able to look for that missing Iraq money if GWB hadn't made a signing statement basically saying that the Inspector General coildn't audit or investigate any missing or misspent Defense money.

Title III of the Act creates an Inspector General (IG) of the CPA. Title III shall be construed in a manner consistent with the President's constitutional authorities to conduct the Nation's foreign affairs, to supervise the unitary executive branch, and as Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces. The CPA IG shall refrain from initiating, carrying out, or completing an audit or investigation, or from issuing a subpoena, which requires access to sensitive operation plans, intelligence matters, counterintelligence matters, ongoing criminal investigations by other administrative units of the Department of Defense related to national security, or other matters the disclosure of which would constitute a serious threat to national security. The Secretary of Defense may make exceptions to the foregoing direction in the public interest.

Provisions of the Act that require disclosure of information, including section 3001(h)(4)(B) of

Damn, they have this s*** down cold.