Hermanson Suffers Another SetBack

Chisoxfn

Barring a miracle, reliever Dustin Hermanson won't be rejoining the White Sox this season because of nagging injuries.

Hermanson suffered his latest setback about 10 days ago when he suffered a pulled muscle near his ribcage.

Click here to find out more!

With extended spring training in Tucson ending five days ago, Hermanson is scheduled to fly Wednesday to Salisbury, N.C., to continue his rehabilitation at the Sox's rehab facility at Catawba College.

This is from the Trib. Ozzie went on to say he is expecting nothing out of Hermy, but Herm Schneider said they told him to do what he needs to, so he can go in early July. However, Schneider said he has no idea whether thats even possible.

I think we all knew we can't expect anything from Hermy and if we get something, just consider it an unlikely gift.

Hopefully for Herm's sake, he can make it back out on the mound for a team at some point in the next few years.

But with his and Politte's deals up at the end of the season (combined salary around $5M IIRC), we'll definitely be after 2 veteran set-up pitchers this off-season.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 07:12 AM)
I am sorry to hear it, but at the sametime, we all knew we weren't going to get Dustin back this year.

Good luck Big D, you were invaluable last year :cheers

While I hope he does come back, I never expected him to. That would just be a bonus. Then again, if he does come back you have to wonder how effective he would be.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 02:43 AM)
Hopefully for Herm's sake, he can make it back out on the mound for a team at some point in the next few years.

But with his and Politte's deals up at the end of the season (combined salary around $5M IIRC), we'll definitely be after 2 veteran set-up pitchers this off-season.

I still think Politte will turn it around after some rest on the DL.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:11 AM)
His arm and presence were so invaluable to us last year.

Thanks Big D

t1_closers.jpg

Great picture of a great pitcher. I thank him for his sacrifice and hope he enjoys the ring he earned.

The Trib ran an interview of him on the back page of the sports section. In it, I discovered good insight to his nature, and was impressed with his values and faith. Dustin Hermanson is a good man.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:11 AM)
His arm and presence were so invaluable to us last year.

Thanks Big D

t1_closers.jpg

i was at that game, with the best seats i've ever had for a sox game. He struck out the side against the jays in the 9th to close out a tough game.

You had to love him, he was a gamer