Bush wants to close Gitmo

vandy125

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 05:32 PM)
So, can you name a politician who you think genuinely tells the truth most of the time, left or right?

uh, i think that was the point he was trying to make

oops he already said that

:bang

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 06:05 PM)
If he wanted to close Guantanamo, he could close Guantanamo. There's no extra level of security there that you wouldn't have at a Supermax facility or even Leavenworth.

Oh yes there is. Security from whiny leftist protestors and security from the soft ass U.S. criminal justice system.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 08:07 AM)
Put them in Tamms Supermax. Nothing soft ass about it.

If it were as simple as that I would be all for it. Trouble is that you'd be in the US and all these American Criminal Liberties Union lawyers would be scratching and clawing trying to get them in front of a civillian court.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 08:33 AM)
If it were as simple as that I would be all for it. Trouble is that you'd be in the US and all these American Criminal Liberties Union lawyers would be scratching and clawing trying to get them in front of a civillian court.

And I'd probably agree with them on that point - sort of. We've held these scumbags for way too long - we need to cut them loose or give them a trial at this point. Whether its a military tribunal or a civilian court is left to argument, I think, but I do want to see them get moved along in some fashion.