The Bullpen

Sox1422

The bullpen has been a lot better since Cliff went down (June 5th).

21.1 IP, 13 H, 4 ER, 4 BB, 19 K, 2 Wins, 4 Saves, 1.70 ERA.*

*These are stats I compiled. They may not be 100% accurate, but are close.

QUOTE(Sox1422 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 10:57 AM)

By looking at your avatar, I've decided they are 0% accurate and you just made them up to get a reaction out of us poor soxtalkers.

QUOTE(Jake @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 05:02 PM)
By looking at your avatar, I've decided they are 0% accurate and you just made them up to get a reaction out of us poor soxtalkers.

My Avatar is one of the funniest pictures I have ever seen. It is the perfect picture to show how much of a tool that guy is.

QUOTE(Sox1422 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 11:57 AM)
The bullpen has been a lot better since Cliff went down (June 5th).

21.1 IP, 13 H, 4 ER, 4 BB, 19 K, 2 Wins, 4 Saves, 1.70 ERA.*

Thanks for doing the research on this. I was saying earlier that since Nelson and Politte went down, the pen has quietly been doing their jobs. The nice thing is that it has been spread around to everyone basically doing solid work out there too. I love Bmac getting used like Scot Shields for Anaheim has been for years now, and so far Montero has been solid as well.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 12:08 PM)
Thanks for doing the research on this. I was saying earlier that since Nelson and Politte went down, the pen has quietly been doing their jobs. The nice thing is that it has been spread around to everyone basically doing solid work out there too. I love Bmac getting used like Scot Shields for Anaheim has been for years now, and so far Montero has been solid as well.

There might be something to them having set roles right now. That comfort builds confidence.

Cotts - 7th

Bmac - 8th

Jenks - 9th

QUOTE(Sox1422 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 12:03 PM)
My Avatar is one of the funniest pictures I have ever seen. It is the perfect picture to show how much of a tool that guy is.

I worked with him for a short time, he is a mega-uber-tool in person too!

QUOTE(steve @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 12:29 PM)
I worked with him for a short time, he is a mega-uber-tool in person too!

I saw him outside the park one day on 35th on his cell phone. You could just tell the guy was a tool.

Oh yeah, he looks like crap in person.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 12:14 PM)
There might be something to them having set roles right now. That comfort builds confidence.

Cotts - 7th

Bmac - 8th

Jenks - 9th

Gotta agree here. Another thing is Bmac is being used pretty regularly now which wasn't happening before and he was getting hit hard. Now that he's getting regular work, he's pitching much, much better.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 01:45 PM)
Gotta agree here. Another thing is Bmac is being used pretty regularly now which wasn't happening before and he was getting hit hard. Now that he's getting regular work, he's pitching much, much better.

BMAC would be great as the Shields role. He has 4 solid pitches that he can throw for strikes. Last night he really didnt even have to use his out pitch.

B-Mac is being used regularly, the suckfests of Nelson and Politte are gone, Montero has been pretty good when he's in, and most important is the split:

21.1 IP, 19 k's, 4 walks.

If you strikeout nearly 1 per inning, and only walk 1 per 6 or 7 innings, success will follow.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 02:31 PM)
Is this Steve Rosenbloom? :P

No, LOL. I worked with him at One on One Sports back in the day (remember THAT name?!). He b****ed like a baby about everything.

:bang

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 02:31 PM)
Is this Steve Rosenbloom? :P

No, LOL. I worked with him at One on One Sports back in the day (remember THAT name?!). He b****ed like a baby about everything.

:bang

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:33 PM)
This bullpen looks a lot better with Riske in it.

Assumng CP is ok in a week as expected, we have:

BAMFBJ

Cotts

B-Mac

Thornton

Riske

Politte (a healthier one with better stuff hopefully)

As long as Politte and Riske stay healthy and just do around what they are capable of, that pen is actually pretty decent.