Leiberman weighs run at independant

southsider2k5

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 08:41 AM)
Clinton had too much smut and he got by with it. TWICE.

The people voting for Clinton weren't voting for Clinton and at the same time championing those traditional White Christian values. Oh, and Clinton wasn't a Pro-Abortion guy running for the Republican nomination. And then there's all the corruption (Hi Mr. Kerik!) to boot.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 03:04 PM)
Generally any frontrunner in 2006 isn't the frontrunner by the time of the convention. And it really should end someone's political career if a longtime senator can't win reelection in a primary where you don't have to be a democrat to vote in the primary.

Given that so few people bother to vote in primaries, the results mean little. And Lieberman is still up on what's-his-face by quite a margin.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 07:57 AM)
The guy's a flip flopping prick. You think Kerry was a flip-flopper? s***. McCain works in friggin' Burger King with the flopper whoppers he tells.

Hell, Hillary would almost be a better candidate, because with her you at least know what you're getting.

Hillary would do whatever the polls tell her to do. McCain's lost so much credibility among Republicans that he isn't a factor anymore.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 08:38 AM)
Won't happen. Too much smut.

Not to mention the fact that he doesn't WANT to do it.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 10:44 AM)
The people voting for Clinton weren't voting for Clinton and at the same time championing those traditional White Christian values. Oh, and Clinton wasn't a Pro-Abortion guy running for the Republican nomination. And then there's all the corruption (Hi Mr. Kerik!) to boot.

Corruption? Kerik had an illegal nanny and he got busted out of his job because of it. That's peanuts compared to the corruption of some other mayors *cough* DALEY *cough*.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 08:51 AM)
Corruption? Kerik had an illegal nanny and he got busted out of his job because of it. That's peanuts compared to the corruption of some other mayors *cough* DALEY *cough*.

Um, and the taxpayer-sponsored love nest overlooking Ground Zero that was supposed to be used for resting relief workers? (Not to mention the mob links). I think Giuliani could at least give Daley a run for his money based on the stuff we know publically, but of course I don't know everything that either of them have done.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 01:41 AM)
And finally: I'm happy to see that some other people hate John McCain, too.

I loathe that man.

HE won't, but if he did become president, I'd move to Canada. I can take Hillary over that prick.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 05:54 PM)
I have my ax to grind with Lieberman because he is a pro-PMRC, pro-censorship douche. But that said, I don't care who the politician is, but they need better commercials than a negative bear cub ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jDn4McAXr4

If connecting oneself to those Godless killing machines through using them in an ad isn't political suicide, I know not what is.

The New threatdown:

#3: The Chicago Cubs

#2: Joe Lieberman

#1: Da Bears.

Edited by Balta1701