Sox @ Rangers, June 14

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 08:53 PM)
Or you can stop with your sky is falling bulls***. People like you scream and cry every time this team takes a tough loss and you make it sound like we should just pack it in and forget the rest of the season. Every time you pessimists scream the loudest this team sucks it up and wins some games.

Um, have you ever read any of my posts? I'm not a pessimist at all.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:53 AM)
You should know by now the route our minor leaguers take once they've been promoted.

Fields will come up with high expectations and fail immediately.

He was 0-4 with a K...but it was swinging. That's better than Pods already. :P

I'm starting to lean against any type of retaliation from the Sox. If there is negative history between Ozzie and Showalter, Showalter obviously ordered AJP hit twice because of AJ's reputation. Showalter was looking for AJ to respond and make the highlight shows, further damaging AJ's reputation. So since Showalter is looking for a response, don't give it to him. Not giving him what he wants and expectes will anger him more than a physical retaliation.

Ozzie should take the higher road and when questioned post game on why he didn't order a retaliation, say: "That's not how we World Champions play baseball." That'll burn Showalter further.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 08:53 PM)
You should know by now the route our minor leaguers take once they've been promoted.

Fields will come up with high expectations and fail immediately.

If they're think about making him an outfielder, they should try working him in LF occassionally. I think Crede's back is still a big concern for KW.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:53 AM)
Who convinced Scott he was back in 2004?

At least that Pods had a lot of extra base hits. However, he's just another in a long list of guys who have 2004 stats that might be "misleading". My two favorites are A. Beltre and J. Lopez.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 08:53 PM)
You know I'm Mr. Pessimism, but this is not that big of a deal. Even before the 2nd HBP, our players looked sluggish. I don't have the impression that they were overly focused tonight.

^^^^^^

I really think too much has been made out of this one. We have played s***ty baseball tonight. As of recently, we appear to be playing s***ty baseball every third game, whatever that means. As much as it seems our heads have been up our asses tonight, Padilla has actually pitched a hell of a ballgame.

It might be nice if someone actually figured out that Padilla is going outside on 2 strikes. Instead of standing like a statue admiring the placement of the pitch low and away.

It has to be in the scouting report, pitch our players low and away.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 08:56 PM)
If we could get 2-3 strong innings from Sean tonight, it'd be a really pleasant sign.

3 of 4 in a series ain't exactly s***.

Great idea on Sean going more than .1 IP, ya dumbass.

Does anyone believe Tracey's one responsibility was hitting Blalock? It's odd to me he's removed after recording an out in a game decided by 6 runs.

EDIT: Nice to see several of you thought the same way. Too bad Guillen couldn't have made it more obvious.

Edited by Flash Tizzle