Sox @ Rangers, June 14

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think a hit batter can crush a teams spirit, it actually made them more pissed off. Padilla is just getting 3 inches on each corner and is hitting the spot with ease.

Rock, you are right, he is hitting his spots with ease.

Which leads me to believe he was intending to drill Pierzynski, twice.

The best way for the White Sox to do something about it is to kick Texas' ass tomorrow.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 07:46 PM)
Or you could stop blowing sunshine out of your ass, either one. How did you feel after Hunter took out Burk? Did you think the Sox were demoralized? This is the same damn situation, this game is incredibly mental and a rough mental patch like this can kill a team's spirit.

um, wow.

explain to me where in this thread I am "blowing sunshine out of my ass"

then explain to me your double standard about personal attacks and game threads

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:49 PM)
That wouldn't be wise. It would put BMac in the rotation for a turn or 2 when the apeals process is over at the end of July or early August.

He wouldn't get suspended for getting tossed.

Even if he would, he wouldn't miss a start.

I'm amazed we've kept close in the standings to Detroit as torrid as the

Tigers have been.

We need to ride out the Tigers' amazing streak.

They could be 7 up on us if we hadn't been winning 2 of every 3 of late.

Is Det gonna sweep the s*** Rays as they did that 4 game series with

KC???

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 08:47 PM)
I dont think a hit batter can crush a teams spirit, it actually made them more pissed off. Padilla is just getting 3 inches on each corner and is hitting the spot with ease. Theres really nothing we can do about that right now.

So it's not demoralizing being getting your ass handed to you by a lesser pitcher? This team has done nothing offensively today and AJ being hit twice with no retaliation did not hellp matters. He's not getting 3 inches, any pitch that he's getting on the outer half is just off the corner, he does not have a Maddux strikezone.

Vicente's actions today have the Sox hitters scared at the plate.

um, wow.

explain to me where in this thread I am "blowing sunshine out of my ass"

then explain to me your double standard about personal attacks and game threads

I post something like that, I'm gone. It is ridiculous. I totally agree with you.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:51 AM)
So it's not demoralizing being getting your ass handed to you by a lesser pitcher? This team has done nothing offensively today and AJ being hit twice with no retaliation did not hellp matters. He's not getting 3 inches, any pitch that he's getting on the outer half is just off the corner, he does not have a Maddux strikezone.

Vicente's actions today have the Sox hitters scared at the plate.

You know I'm Mr. Pessimism, but this is not that big of a deal. Even before the 2nd HBP, our players looked sluggish. I don't have the impression that they were overly focused tonight.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 08:46 PM)
Or you could stop blowing sunshine out of your ass, either one. How did you feel after Hunter took out Burk? Did you think the Sox were demoralized? This is the same damn situation, this game is incredibly mental and a rough mental patch like this can kill a team's spirit.

Or you can stop with your sky is falling bulls***. People like you scream and cry every time this team takes a tough loss and you make it sound like we should just pack it in and forget the rest of the season. Every time you pessimists scream the loudest this team sucks it up and wins some games.

I don't think any loss this season will be "demoralizing" to the Sox.

They are fricking world champs.

Their psyche is not as fragile as some think.

If we lose we lose, but not because of any one demoralizing thing.

The Scrubs had something "demoralizing" happen when they lost their

first baseman.

One game is one game to the world champs.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:52 PM)
Tell tat to every other pitcher in the AL.

I would like to have him in our CF right now.

I meant the HR part, not the giving up a hit part..totally different concerning a leadoff hitter.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 08:52 PM)
Great AB Pods. And with that, I'll check on Josh Fields game and salivate at our future LF.

You should know by now the route our minor leaguers take once they've been promoted.

Fields will come up with high expectations and fail immediately.