Sox @ Rangers, June 14

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 08:08 PM)
There's really no one to call up though especially with Politte not due back yet.

Is Farnsworth still doing okay? does he throw strikes?

PS Ichiro is incredible.

Edited by jphat007

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 02:07 AM)
If Tracey gets sent down after this game because of this situation, I'll be extremely disappointed.

My guess is that he won't get sent down with Cliff coming back pretty soon. I doubt he gets used much until then, though.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 02:09 AM)
Either way, mistakes were made and that's what it ultimately comes down to. Personally I believe there are innocent mistakes, vs. intentionally cheating ... like Canseco for example.

Yep, very good observation. There are some guys who were blatant juicers, and then there are unlucky guys who didn't know they were taking illegal stuff.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 06:57 PM)
So Guillen brought in a right hander to face the lefty? Was Sean supposed to drill Blalock?

I don't think he threw at him. If you guys remember correctly he was really wild versus the Indians in that 10-8 game where the Sox scored six in the ninth inning. Wild pitch, 2 walks, 2 hits, and 2 earned runs. This was eventually the winning margin. I'm sure Ozzie took him out and was pissed because he couldn't find the strike zone. With that said, I'm sure he will be optioned back to the minors before the game is even over.

Edited by ChiSoxLifer

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:06 PM)
Why didn't Vazquez retaliate? I'm not going to entirely blame Tracey. We all know his control is suspect. Just another weak minded White Sox pitching prospect unable to record outs when told, or hit batters when told.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:07 PM)
So, would you say Tracey was another successfull showing from our minor leagues?

Give it a rest. The last two Sox pitchers without balls were Esteban Loaiza and Mike Jackson. Niether should be considered a White Sox prospect..

But keep grinding that axe. It might get sharp sometime.

QUOTE(ChiSoxLifer @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:11 PM)
I don't think he threw at him. If you guys remember correctly he was really wild versus the Indians in that 10-8 game where the Sox scored six in the ninth inning. Wild pitch, 2 walks, 2 hits, and 2 earned runs. This was eventually the winning margin. I'm sure Ozzie took him out and was pissed because he couldn't find the strike zone. With that said, I'm sure he will be optioned back to the minors before the game is even over.

he threw at him...no doubt about it, on top of that, he got the guy out, so its not like he didnt throw strikes....also, im not sure why failing to hit a guy would get you a trip back to the minors...its not like he didnt try

Edited by daa84

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:09 PM)
The hell does it matter? Throw at him two times or fifty, atleast do what you're told.

As if Guillen removing him after the out didn't make it obvious enough. Tracey failed at hitting a f***ing batter. Send him back to the minors with the rest of the scrubs.

Yup, the scrubs with the best record in the minors. Pretty obvious that Charlotte team has NO talent.

QUOTE(ChiSoxLifer @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:11 PM)

He got Blalock out and threw some damn good pitches in doing so. Ozzie was pissed for much different reasons.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:13 PM)
He got Blalock out and threw some damn good pitches in doing so. Ozzie was pissed for much different reasons.

exactly...he didnt get that job done he wanted to, but s***...thats certainly not a reason to send him to AAA....he tried to hit him at least

You're kidding yourself if you don't think Ozzie only brought in Tracey to hit Blaylock. It was painfully obvious. Ozzie was riding the kid way too hard IMO after he pulled him though. The kid tried to hit Blaylock twice, Hank moved....its part of the game.

Actually, it might make more sense to send Tracey down, and call up Lopez. We face the Reds this wknd, and they have a couple of dangerous lefties. Lopez could give us a big out in the mid innings, especially with the possibilities of hitting for the pitcher.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:15 PM)
Actually, it might make more sense to send Tracey down, and call up Lopez. We face the Reds this wknd, and they have a couple of dangerous lefties. Lopez could give us a big out in the mid innings, especially with the possibilities of hitting for the pitcher.

i wouldnt mind that, that seems like solid reasoning...i would just hate to see them send tracey down just cuz he didnt get a piece of blalock

Very good point.

Nothing wrong with a little roster shakeup. All the drama in this game aside, they sure look really flat.

Here's the recap of his two innings against the Injuns.

7th inning

- B. Broussard walked

- B. Broussard to second on wild pitch

- B. Broussard to third on wild pitch

- R. Belliard walked

- T. Hollandsworth popped out to second

- A. Boone singled to right, B. Broussard scored, R. Belliard to second

- R. Vazquez popped out to first

- G. Sizemore flied out to shallow left

8th inning

J. Michaels homered to deep left

- T. Hafner hit by pitch

- V. Martinez flied out to deep center

- B. Broussard popped out to shallow left

- R. Belliard grounded into fielder's choice, T. Hafner out at second

He just can't find the zone. Ozzie has said many times he doesn't care how hard a guy can throw. If he can't find the zone he won't be with the team.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:13 PM)
Yup, the scrubs with the best record in the minors. Pretty obvious that Charlotte team has NO talent.

It's even more obvious there's a distinct difference between minor league baseball and the majors. How were Felix Diaz's numbers before promotion?

Heads, I would expect you more than anyone to know AAA is often comprised of career minor leaguers.

Answer this for me: who from the Charlotte squad could be called up and IMMEDIATELY contribute to our ballclub. How would Fields do? Would his OBP be above .300, yet alone .430?

QUOTE(ChiSoxLifer @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:17 PM)

7th inning

- B. Broussard walked

- R. Belliard walked

8th inning

- T. Hafner hit by pitch

He just can't find the zone. Ozzie has said many times he doesn't care how hard a guy can throw. If he can't find the zone he won't be with the team.

fine...then send him down after the cleveland game...the only time he missed the zone tonight was when he tried to hit blalock

QUOTE(ChiSoxLifer @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:17 PM)

7th inning

- B. Broussard walked

- R. Belliard walked

8th inning

- T. Hafner hit by pitch

Ya, so then he brings him in the game, Tracey doesn't walk a guy and gets his out. Ozzie comes out pissed off at him cause he got an out, makes perfect sense.