Sox @ Rangers, June 14

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He just can't find the zone. Ozzie has said many times he doesn't care how hard a guy can throw. If he can't find the zone he won't be with the team.

Another very good point. That is exactly what Ozzie's philosophy has been.

Rangers tagging up with a 6 run lead in the 8th inning and taking the extra base? Yeah, tell me "no lead is safe in Arlington," but it's obvious Texas is stomping all over us.

This is embarrassing. Game needs to end quickly.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:17 PM)
It's even more obvious there's a distinct difference between minor league baseball and the majors. How were Felix Diaz's numbers before promotion?

Heads, I would expect you more than anyone to know AAA is often comprised of career minor leaguers.

Answer this for me: who from the Charlotte squad could be called up and IMMEDIATELY contribute to our ballclub. How would Fields do? Would his OBP be above .300, yet alone .430?

I feel Tracey can do it in the pen. He's already up.

Fields will do it in a year or two.

Yes, I know it's full of career minor leaguers. But you can't deny there's talent there.

Montero is getting his ass handed to him tonite. Not a good showing at all, and I have been one of the biggest backers. Granted Texas is doing everything right tonite but he is not locating well whatsoever.

I would feel much better about this team if we could obtain another good starting pitcher. I recognize this probably won't happen, but hope it's at least due to no high caliber starters being available instead of KW/Ozzie stubbornly sticking with their guys.

Fields, Garland for Willis.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 02:20 AM)
Montero is getting his ass handed to him tonite. Not a good showing at all, and I have been one of the biggest backers. Granted Texas is doing everything right tonite but he is not locating well whatsoever.

Lets just be grateful he got 2 outs when he faced the Tigers last week.

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:20 PM)
Fields, Garland for Willis.

why would florida want to try to dump willis and the big contract he will be making by taking on a guy who is 1.) worse and 2.) already costs alot

QUOTE(ChiSoxLifer @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:11 PM)
I don't think he threw at him. If you guys remember correctly he was really wild versus the Indians in that 10-8 game where the Sox scored six in the ninth inning. Wild pitch, 2 walks, 2 hits, and 2 earned runs. This was eventually the winning margin. I'm sure Ozzie took him out and was pissed because he couldn't find the strike zone. With that said, I'm sure he will be optioned back to the minors before the game is even over.

Here in San Antonio, I am forced to watch the Rangers telecast of the game, and from what their annoucers said, I got the impression that Ozzie wanted Tracey to drill the Rangers batter with a pitch. Again that is according to the Rangers annoucers. I also think that he will be sent down to AAA by Thursday morning. Ozzie was pretty ticked off at him.

Man the Drays suck badly on the road. I can't wait until they come to town.

I wouldn't count on a sweep. Sometimes the Sox don't quite finish business against teams like the Rays

and the Royals.