Sox @ Rangers, June 14

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:28 PM)
True, the funky motion would be good for confusing hitters but Shingo can only get away with it for so long.

That he's a gimmick pitcher who will soon see his demise. Also that the funky delivery will end up destroying his arm.

Didn't Willis win 22 games in his 3rd full year in the NL? Was he still able to trick people? Seriously, that's just retarded IMO.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:29 PM)
Didn't Willis win 22 games in his 3rd full year in the NL? Was he still able to trick people? Seriously, that's just retarded IMO.

That's an awful lot of people you're calling retarded there, I am just one of a large amount of people who believe this.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:36 PM)
That's an awful lot of people you're calling retarded there, I am just one of a large amount of people who believe this.

To have the type of year Willis had in 2005, it's just hard for me to believe it could be done with smoke and mirrors.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:39 PM)
To have the type of year Willis had in 2005, it's just hard for me to believe it could be done with smoke and mirrors.

Fidrych won 19 games and put up a 2.34 ERA in '76. Nomo put up a 2.54 ERA and a 1.056 WHIP in '95. It's been done before.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 02:39 AM)
Vazquez's ERA against teams not named the KC Royals: 5.64. Looks a lot like his previous AL numbers. Not exactly what you are looking for when paying $12,000,000 a year.

Yeah...but Anderson is our CF star of the future. Where would Chris Young play? :P