Sox @ Rangers, June 14

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 08:10 PM)
There's plenty of time left in this game. If they wanted to hit AJP again, they could have waited a few innings when he wasn't leading off the inning. And trust me, with a 5-0 lead, Padilla's not going to risk getting tossed and losing out on the chance to get credit for the win.

Bulls***. He's hit him in the same spot twice in a row, he's throwing at him, no doubt about it.

Even if it was intentional, doesn't Hawk often cry that the game has changed for the worse. He always would mention Drysdale and Early Wynn as guys who would nail you when you took them deep, and he often cries about how almost every inside pitch results in a staredown. He cries everytime a White Sox gets beaned. He's being hypocritical.

There's plenty of time left in this game. If they wanted to hit AJP again, they could have waited a few innings when he wasn't leading off the inning. And trust me, with a 5-0 lead, Padilla's not going to risk getting tossed and losing out on the chance to get credit for the win.

He wasn't risking getting tossed because he wasn't warned the first time he threw right at Pierzynski on the first pitch.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rolly

Whatever.

There was never a warning issued, so why would he get tossed after the second HBP?

What's Ozzie's and Showalter's relationship? Vile. But that's irrelevant.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:12 AM)
He wasn't risking getting tossed because he wasn't warned the first time he threw right at Pierzynski on the first pitch.

Doesn't matter this year, I thought. The rules have been changed where pitchers can get tossed without having a warning. The first time, I thought it was intentional. The second time, I really don't think it was. Hawk really is acting like a whining baby now, by saying we should go after one of their better hitters.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:13 AM)
:rolly

Whatever.

There was never a warning issued, so why would he get tossed after the second HBP?

What's Ozzie's and Showalter's relationship? Vile. But that's irrelevant.

If they were going to throw at guys, why not on Monday night when they were down 5, and not up 5?

Gload with the great scoop....in RF.

You don't have to be warned to get tossed anymore. They changed that a couple of years ago.

No s***, really?

I completely understand that. The point was, he threw right at the guy, nothing happened, so he had free reign to do it again. I'm not just talking about the rules, I'm talking about the rythym of the game.

Never mind, what's the difference. Different people have different opinions.

Also I'd appreciate you not quoting my posts, thanks, and I'll return the favor.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Doesn't matter this year, I thought. The rules have been changed where pitchers can get tossed without having a warning. The first time, I thought it was intentional. The second time, I really don't think it was. Hawk really is acting like a whining baby now, by saying we should go after one of their better hitters.

If they were going to throw at guys, why not on Monday night when they were down 5, and not up 5?

Are you really this clueless? Perhaps it's happening tonight because we bashed their brains in Monday and beat them last night by pulling our starter out early?

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 08:11 PM)
How hard do Tracey and Montero throw?

Dye would have had that.

Furthermore, if this game gets further out of hand, Tracey or Montero will be sacrificed to the baseball gods and will be plunking a Ranger hitter.

And I am convinced that Padilla doesnt hit AJP twice on accident.

Defense really helping Javy out right now.... dammit Gooch

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:16 AM)
Are you really this clueless? Perhaps it's happeneing tonight because he bashed their brains in Monday, and beat them last night.

So why do it when you're actually winning? What does pulling the starter out have to do with anything? I don't think Buck's the type of manager to act like that.

Edited by fathom

Gload with the great scoop....in RF.

So if it's intentional the first time ... why did nothing happen to Padilla?

Of course you can't answer that, only the ump can, but the point is he threw right at the guy twice. Guillen is in a no win because he buys himself a problem if Vazquez hits somebody.

The odds of AJP getting hit twice in the same spot and on the first pitch unintentionally are slim and none.

Right.

I don't think Buck's the type of manager to act like that.

You're not serious, right? We're talking about Buck Showalter here.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 08:15 PM)
No s***, really?

I completely understand that. The point was, he threw right at the guy, nothing happened, so he had free reign to do it again. I'm not just talking about the rules, I'm talking about the rythym of the game.

Never mind, what's the difference. Different people have different opinions.

Also I'd appreciate you not quoting my posts, thanks, and I'll return the favor.

Can I still quote your posts?