Did I miss it?

southsider2k5

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The word has gotten out in MLB. Its ok to throw at White Sox players. Teams have been doing it all season long and we sit there and do nothing.......oh wait, we stand there and look at strike 3 next batter instead of making the other team pay. Its time Oz grabbed his balls and sent a message back to these teams that this sort of nonsense is not going to be tolerated. Get one of these hacks in there like Montero or Politte and bounce one off someone's head.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 08:43 PM)
I.Don't.Care.

You stand up for your guy based on principle. Let the team pick you up, after you pick up your teammate.

If Javy hits somebody, it's and automatic 2 game suspension for Ozzie, and an automatic 6-gamer for Vazquez.

If you'd rather show how macho you are to William Nathaniel Schowalter, than win a division and roll into another postseason, you hit someone.

Shut up!

What happened during the Cleveland series? Count the HBPs for and against the White Sox.

Everyone, not just Nuke, get your facts straight. It was an isolated incedent.

Jeez, you'd think Pudeatya hit your mother the way some of you are reacting.

It's baseball, and iunder the current warning system, you have to leave the score to be settled another day. Have a long memory.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:19 PM)
Ok mister losing streak.........move along.......nothing to see here.

The difference between this and my post was I didn't believe a word of what I typed out. Especially considering how I think we'll beat the piss out of the Reds (like I've said before) and I had no problem with the Hunter/Burke situation, unlike most Sox fans. I just wanted to see who would agree with it.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:19 PM)
Shut up!

What happened during the Cleveland series? Count the HBPs for and against the White Sox.

Everyone, not just Nuke, get your facts straight. It was an isolated incedent.

Jeez, you'd think Pudeatya hit your mother the way some of you are reacting.

It's baseball, and iunder the current warning system, you have to leave the score to be settled another day. Have a long memory.

I'm not sure what the exact bean ball numbers are but I can tell you there has been a lot of f***in times where the sox have got warned for getting hit and nothing else. It gets very frusterating at times.

All right, I slept through the game, as I wasn't feeling well, and woke up having heard this news.

Can someone tell me: Why did Padilla bean Pierzynski?

I know nobody here is inside his head, but if it's known what the motive would be, please share it. I don't quite see where he was coming from in hitting AJ -- what, is he friends with Escobar or Barrett or Tomko? Did Pierzynski pee in his cornflakes?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 08:24 PM)
I knew he wouldn't hit anyone, IMO he showed he couldn't handle it during the Indians series when he attempted to hit someone I believe Belliard in a retalitory fashion and ended up s***ting his pants afterwards.

Javier Vazquez didn't fail to hit someone because he "can't handle it." Vazquez, while not Carlos Zambrano, is our most visibly competitive pitcher, aside from perhaps Freddy Garcia. He failed to bean someone because,

Both teams were warned

Which, of course, means that

If Javy hits somebody, it's and automatic 2 game suspension for Ozzie, and an automatic 6-gamer for Vazquez.

If you'd rather show how macho you are to William Nathaniel Schowalter, than win a division and roll into another postseason, you hit someone.

And if you

Don't.Care.

Because

You stand up for your guy based on principle.

And

Let the team pick you up, after you pick up your teammate.

You've got all of your priorities screwed up.

A suspension isn't worth it. Unless, of course, it's to Montero or something.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:25 PM)
I'm not sure what the exact bean ball numbers are but I can tell you there has been a lot of f***in times where the sox have got warned for getting hit and nothing else. It gets very frusterating at times.

There was an even larger disparity last year. Just win. Winning is the best revenge.

I didn't hear anyone complaining about how the HBPs were handled in the Cleveland series. Anyone speaking up now is being a hypocrite.

I didn't say that he should have hit him, simply that I don't think he could handle it. I can remember the specific details but I believe Javy was supposed to hit Belliard in Cleveland, he missed, after that pitch he imploded. If anyone was going to hit a Texas hitter it would have been a relief pitcher not Javy.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:31 PM)
There was an even larger disparity last year. Just win. Winning is the best revenge.

I didn't hear anyone complaining about how the HBPs were handled in the Cleveland series. Anyone speaking up now is being a hypocrite.

Hey, shut up.

Javier Vazquez is a pussy!!

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:31 PM)

I dont know where you were but Ive been b****ing about the HBP all season long. It seems like this team doesn't have the balls to respond when pitchers blatantly throw at us.

Agreed on this thread. We should play beanball with people because they don't like us, get people kicked out, risk suspensions, and risk more fights.

This could be the dumbest bunch of meatball attitudes I've ever seen, which is a shame for a board this good. GMAFB, let's play ball and if people want to throw at us, that's their f***ing problem. We have a pennant to win, and the fact we got blasted tonight is the problem (although thanks D-Rays, still only 1.5 out).

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:32 PM)
I didn't say that he should have hit him, simply that I don't think he could handle it. I can remember the specific details but I believe Javy was supposed to hit Belliard in Cleveland, he missed, after that pitch he imploded. If anyone was going to hit a Texas hitter it would have been a relief pitcher not Javy.

Well, I agree with the boldened, but that's nonsense -- that Javier can't handle hitting someone. You're pointing out one incident where he "implodes" after throwing at someone, and that one incident can be explained by a variety of things. I'm not sure if you've caught on yet, but the Indians...they've got a pretty potent offense.

Just a little, anyway. :P

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:35 PM)
Agreed on this thread. We should play beanball with people because they don't like us, get people kicked out, risk suspensions, and risk more fights.

This could be the dumbest bunch of meatball attitudes I've ever seen, which is a shame for a board this good. GMAFB, let's play ball and if people want to throw at us, that's their f***ing problem. We have a pennant to win, and the fact we got blasted tonight is the problem (although thanks D-Rays, still only 1.5 out).

Oh sure. Just turn the other cheek and allow other teams to take liberties with our players. Thats just f***ing great.

:rolly