Did I miss it?

southsider2k5

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:31 PM)
There was an even larger disparity last year. Just win. Winning is the best revenge.

I didn't hear anyone complaining about how the HBPs were handled in the Cleveland series. Anyone speaking up now is being a hypocrite.

The main reason I'm angry about this is because I'm tired of AJ getting nailed for no reason; he gets punched in the face, escobar decides to throw at him, padilla throws at him twice, it's annoying. Eventually someone needs to step up and make it stop because our guys do seem to get hit intentionally(and that's the key) a lot without responding at all.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:36 PM)
The main reason I'm angry about this is because I'm tired of AJ getting nailed for no reason; he gets punched in the face, escobar decides to throw at him, padilla throws at him twice, it's annoying. Eventually someone needs to step up and make it stop because our guys do seem to get hit intentionally(and that's the key) a lot without responding at all.

What do you suggest?? Should we just bean people, suspensions and fines be damned, until the mean boys stop?? Unreal, how about we keep winning and don't worry that people don't like A.J. People don't like our catcher, he's going to get s***, it's not going to change if we headhunt.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:35 PM)
Agreed on this thread. We should play beanball with people because they don't like us, get people kicked out, risk suspensions, and risk more fights.

This could be the dumbest bunch of meatball attitudes I've ever seen, which is a shame for a board this good. GMAFB, let's play ball and if people want to throw at us, that's their f***ing problem. We have a pennant to win, and the fact we got blasted tonight is the problem (although thanks D-Rays, still only 1.5 out).

I think the fact that we've been hit so much and don't do s*** about it is whats pissing everyone off especially when you have guys like Montero and Tracey capable of doing it and they fail...

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:35 PM)
Well, I agree with the boldened, but that's nonsense -- that Javier can't handle hitting someone. You're pointing out one incident where he "implodes" after throwing at someone, and that one incident can be explained by a variety of things. I'm not sure if you've caught on yet, but the Indians...they've got a pretty potent offense.

Just a little, anyway. :P

I'm also coupling this with my belief that he's pretty weak mentally. He wasn't able to handly being a #1 starter or pitch in New York though he did dominate in the nothingness that is Montreal.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:38 PM)
What do you suggest?? Should we just bean people, suspensions and fines be damned, until the mean boys stop?? Unreal, how about we keep winning and don't worry that people don't like A.J. People don't like our catcher, he's going to get s***, it's not going to change if we headhunt.

I dont care if AJ is the evil boogeyman that other teams hate. He has to be protected. The way to do that is to make it clear to other teams that we're not going to tolerate them going after our players. They hit one of ours, we hit one of theirs.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:38 PM)
I'm also coupling this with my belief that he's pretty weak mentally. He wasn't able to handly being a #1 starter or pitch in New York though he did dominate in the nothingness that is Montreal.

He's very weak mentally. He often implodes if there is a call he dislikes by umps.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:36 PM)
Oh sure. Just turn the other cheek and allow other teams to take liberties with our players. Thats just f***ing great.

:rolly

Do you think people are going to leave A.J. alone if we play beanball and get people suspended? That's exactly what they want, the 2nd guy in always is the one in trouble anyways. Is this somehow going to hurt us in the standings that we aren't throwing beanball?

f***ing pathetic, we didn't resort to that bulls*** last year, and we won't do it this year. We won it all last year, and might again this year. None of this "tough guy" bulls*** attitudes that i'm embarassed to see our fans have means anything. Fights and throwing at people doesn't bring anybody closer together, winning games does.

(I can't believe I have to explain this basic logic to SOX fans, I thought we were smarter than this, ugh).

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:38 PM)
I think the fact that we've been hit so much and don't do s*** about it is whats pissing everyone off especially when you have guys like Montero and Tracey capable of doing it and they fail...

We didn't retaliate last year, and things worked out pretty well for us, so this argument just doesn't hold water, ESPCIALLY since we got beaned even more last season.

I dont care if AJ is the evil boogeyman that other teams hate. He has to be protected. The way to do that is to make it clear to other teams that we're not going to tolerate them going after our players. They hit one of ours, we hit one of theirs.

If you want to do that, then we will see fights, suspensions, and turmoil. But hey, who cares about continuity, having everybody, and winning games.....we gotta "protect our own"!!! That's what it's about, not winning games.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:25 PM)
I'm not sure what the exact bean ball numbers are but I can tell you there has been a lot of f***in times where the sox have got warned for getting hit and nothing else. It gets very frusterating at times.

can you think of a time where a sox pitcher hit the opposing team twice and both teams got warned? I can't. Even when I go way back. We always get f***ed.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:40 PM)
Do you think people are going to leave A.J. alone if we play beanball and get people suspended? That's exactly what they want, the 2nd guy in always is the one in trouble anyways. Is this somehow going to hurt us in the standings that we aren't throwing beanball?

f***ing pathetic, we didn't resort to that bulls*** last year, and we won't do it this year. We won it all last year, and might again this year. None of this "tough guy" bulls*** attitudes that i'm embarassed to see our fans have means anything. Fights and throwing at people doesn't bring anybody closer together, winning games does.

(I can't believe I have to explain this basic logic to SOX fans, I thought we were smarter than this, ugh).

Ya, explain all that to Ozzie, Hawk(not the best example, I know), Dj, and Melton, all guys who have played the game before. There are times when you must stick up for your teammates imo and we missed.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:44 PM)
Ya, explain all that to Ozzie, Hawk(not the best example, I know), Dj, and Melton, all guys who have played the game before. There are times when you must stick up for your teammates imo and we missed.

exactly...anyone remember buerhle plunking someone on the orioles as retaliation and breakin up his streak of goin 6 innings at like 48? yeah thats one example

We didn't retaliate last year, and things worked out pretty well for us, so this argument just doesn't hold water, ESPCIALLY since we got beaned even more last season.

Why don't we just look at it this way. You're the pitcher out there who won't do s*** to backup your players after their always getting hit. Its about backing up you're teammates. I can't believe you're having such a hard time realizing that the sox have been hit way too many damn times and its enough.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 02:44 AM)
I don't see anyone complaining about Joe Crede sliding spikes high into second base in the 9th inning of an 8-run game.

I thought I heard Tom Grieve say that he'd meet Crede outside of the clubhouse after the game.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:43 PM)
can you think of a time where a sox pitcher hit the opposing team twice and both teams got warned? I can't. Even when I go way back. We always get f***ed.

I agree, yet I don't want to see them throw at someone intentionally. :huh:

I guess I wish just once the Sox could get their cake and eat it, like so many other teams seem to get to do against us.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:44 PM)
I don't see anyone complaining about Joe Crede sliding spikes high into second base in the 9th inning of an 8-run game.

Amen. I'm giving up on this thread though, the meathead attitude is pretty sickening. I'm expecting everybody to call Jason Grimsley a rat next.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:44 PM)

Effing Joe Crede.. what the HELL was he doing... :angry:

:lolhitting

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:45 PM)
exactly...anyone remember buerhle plunking someone on the orioles as retaliation and breakin up his streak of goin 6 innings at like 48? yeah thats one example

different scenario though. No warnings were issued, and Buehrle was tossed.

The anger should be directed at Cuzzi who forces the Sox hand. Not Vazquez or Tracey.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:47 PM)
I thought I heard Tom Grieve say that he'd meet Crede outside of the clubhouse after the game.

LOLZ

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:47 PM)
Amen. I'm giving up on this thread though, the meathead attitude is pretty sickening. I'm expecting everybody to call Jason Grimsley a rat next.

the meathead attitude in this case is how you play the game of baseball...your guy gets thrown at twice, and you cant just sit on your hands...im not saying the sox should start s***, but when s*** gets started you dont just sti there and take it

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:42 PM)

If you want to do that, then we will see fights, suspensions, and turmoil. But hey, who cares about continuity, having everybody, and winning games.....we gotta "protect our own"!!! That's what it's about, not winning games.

If you fight back once then other teams get the message that we aren't going to allow it anymore and it stops. How hard is it for you to grasp that?

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:47 PM)

Someone on the Rangers should of been plunked, plain and simple. You have to stick up for your teammates, unlessy you like constantly getting plunked with a 90 mile per hour fastball. Then be my guest.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 02:49 AM)
the meathead attitude in this case is how you play the game of baseball...your guy gets thrown at twice, and you cant just sit on your hands...im not saying the sox should start s***, but when s*** gets started you dont just sti there and take it

I don't think people would be nearly as disappointed if not for two things:

- Ozzie pulling Tracey after not hitting Blalock

- Hawk's completely classless comments.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:38 PM)

Javier's got some mental issues, to be sure. When he feels he's getting squeezed by the umpires he wears it on his sleeve, you're right. But he's also got a lot of balls out on that field, and he's no weaker mentally than Buehrle. Buehrle collapses everytime an error is committed.

I guess we're just going to have a difference of opinion here. We'll see what happens next time Javier beans someone, because I think it's nonsense to say Javier can't handle hitting someone.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 02:50 AM)
Someone on the Rangers should of been plunked, plain and simple. You have to stick up for your teammates, unlessy you like constantly getting plunked with a 90 mile per hour fastball. Then be my guest.

I don't understand why Tracey gets in trouble for not doing it, but Montero wasn't asked to? Thornton easily could have come in for relief in the 8th.