Did I miss it?

southsider2k5

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 08:50 AM)
Do warnings carry over from game to game? If not, we have to start throwing at people first.

They do not.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 08:53 AM)
The umpires could very well issue warnings before the game today to avoid any sort of conflict.

This is very likely. The possibility also exsists that no warnings will be issued, but the umps mindful of the situation at hand will still throw out a pitcher who throws at someone intentionally, even before warnings are issued.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my take on this whole thing. There are two kinds of people in this world. We can all argue till we're blue in the face on who is right or wrong. There are the people who when punched in the face, punch back and then there are those that choose to walk away.

Some say walking away is the bigger thing to do. I guess it depends on how you were brought up or where you were brought up, but arguments can be made for both.

Fighting was pretty common when I was young. In fact, if you tried to be the "bigger" person and walk away, you just got picked on more. You had to stand up for yourself. If someone hit you and pushed you... and you didn't fight back..that just egged them on to go further cause they knew they had the best of you.

Now I'm sure there are plenty of players in the league that were brought up with the "walk away" philosophy. Maybe Tracey is one of em, maybe not, but fact is it's just not in some peoples nature to "punch back" so to speak.

Ozzie is a punch back kind of guy, I personally like it that way, but that doesn't make me or Ozzie right. How can one argue preference....it's different for everyone. Those that say Ozzie is a thug and wrong for trying to bean Blaylock, clearly are of the "walk away" variety and those that wanted retaliation are of the "punch back" variety. Different strokes for different folks.

I tend to look at the "what if" variables. The fact is Padilla intentionally hit our starting catcher. Yes it worked out he didn't get hurt, but what if?? What if he damaged his elbow or his hand or any kind of injury with that stunt. He not only put AJ at risk once, but twice and because of that something needed to be done. And there's those of you(the walk away types) that come back and say well then what if when retaliating you end up breaking someone's arm or a hand or something...to that I say...you play with a hot stove you might get burned.

Edited by Controlled Chaos