Hawk

GasHeGone

I mean, sometimes I really don't know whose side Hawk is on. AJ gets drilled in the same spot not once but twice and all Hawk can do is sit back and talk about how much he luuuuvs e-mail from Aurora (Aurora...YES.)

I was at least hoping that he would reference how one of his good ol' boys from the golden age of baseball would have retaliated to similar beanings. No mention of Burt Campaewriosnfnick. No mention of "Yaz."

Worst of all, he was absolutely silent when it came to criticizing the home plate umpire for warning both benches. Maybe it's time to get a play-by-play guy who at least is on our side.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:31 PM)
A good attempt at sarcasm. You had me going for a bit.

mildly amusing...i agree hawk is too much of a homer some times....but he was right with everything tonight...umpires take away any chance at retaliation and its ridiculous

QUOTE(Jake @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:33 PM)
Did anyone else get the notion that he pulled Tracey for not hitting that guy?

that was probably t he only reason tracey was out there

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:34 PM)
You're crazy.

hey kalapse i went back on my tivo and looked at what you said in the game thread about AJ holdin out his hand....thats interesting certainly made it look intentional...but he also did it earlier in the game in the inning before and nothing happened, maybe he wanted vazquez to do it too

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:35 PM)
that was probably t he only reason tracey was out there

hey kalapse i went back on my tivo and looked at what you said in the game thread about AJ holdin out his hand....thats interesting certainly made it look intentional...but he also did it earlier in the game in the inning before and nothing happened, maybe he wanted vazquez to do it too

Aside from mop up work?

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 02:33 AM)
mildly amusing...i agree hawk is too much of a homer some times....but he was right with everything tonight...umpires take away any chance at retaliation and its ridiculous

Sorry, but talking about a guy getting a liner back off the kneecap or off the elbow in unacceptable. I was absolutely embarrassed that he kept going on and on about it, and how if it was him, he would've waited for him outside the locker room or some s*** like that.

Have some f***ing professionalism, Hawk.

:sigh

Damn do I miss Rooney...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:36 PM)
Sorry, but talking about a guy getting a liner back off the kneecap or off the elbow in unacceptable. I was absolutely embarrassed that he kept going on and on about it, and how if it was him, he would've waited for him outside the locker room or some s*** like that.

Have some f***ing professionalism, Hawk.

:sigh

Damn do I miss Rooney...

yeah and padilla throwing at AJs head with a 90 mph hardball isnt bulls***...please...this is baseball, not golf

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:39 PM)
Elbow = head? The previous post before yours was perfect.

ok elbow...regardless, as a player in the clubhouse you dont just let your guy get thrown at like that and that was the point hawk was trying to make saying that if he were a player he wouldnt let bulls*** like that happen either and hed be pissed

Edited by daa84

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:35 PM)

Yeah, I caught that too. It really seems that's what AJ does when a pitcher is going to hit a batter, maybe a little extra f*** you afterwards when they're watching the tape. They see AJ point to them right before they get pelted.

QUOTE(Jake @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:33 PM)
Did anyone else get the notion that he pulled Tracey for not hitting that guy?

Yes, but there was also that exchange on the bullpen phone where Guillen was yelling into the phone then appeared to slam it. I can already hear a Guillen tyraid.

QUOTE(GasHeGone @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:30 PM)
I mean, sometimes I really don't know whose side Hawk is on. AJ gets drilled in the same spot not once but twice and all Hawk can do is sit back and talk about how much he luuuuvs e-mail from Aurora (Aurora...YES.)

I was at least hoping that he would reference how one of his good ol' boys from the golden age of baseball would have retaliated to similar beanings. No mention of Burt Campaewriosnfnick. No mention of "Yaz."

Worst of all, he was absolutely silent when it came to criticizing the home plate umpire for warning both benches. Maybe it's time to get a play-by-play guy who at least is on our side.

what the f*** are you talking about??? am i missing something here? when i was watching, Hawk was goin ape-s*** after AJ got beaned for the second time.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:49 PM)
I missed the game, can I have a play by play of what happened please?

AJ got plunked twice with the first pitch....hawk got pissed and IMO he had every right to be...

alot of soxtalkers are saying they were embarassed that hawk said the sox should retaliate

Tracey comes in bot of 7 and AJ holds his hand kinda behind blalock....first pitch high and tight but didnt hit him....after a pitch or two another ball way inside, tracey misses his oppertunity and eventually just has to get blalock out, ozzie looks pissed and gets tracey outa the game and brings in montero to face the righty derosa...supposedly ozzie at some poiint was yelling on the bullpen phone but i didnt see that

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:49 PM)
I missed the game, can I have a play by play of what happened please?

Ozzie and Showalter got into a fist fight behind home plate after AJ was plunked twice by Padilla. Bloody mess.

QUOTE(G&T @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:44 PM)
Yes, but there was also that exchange on the bullpen phone where Guillen was yelling into the phone then appeared to slam it. I can already hear a Guillen tyraid.

Maybe he was pissed cause they didn't have the cell's there yet.. :ph34r:

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 08:52 PM)
Ozzie and Showalter got into a fist fight behind home plate after AJ was plunked twice by Padilla. Bloody mess.

I saw someone with brass knuckles!

Hawk's the best

no need to play with the html

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:52 PM)
AJ got plunked twice with the first pitch....hawk got pissed and IMO he had every right to be...

alot of soxtalkers are saying they were embarassed that hawk said the sox should retaliate

Tracey comes in bot of 7 and AJ holds his hand kinda behind blalock....first pitch high and tight but didnt hit him....after a pitch or two another ball way inside, tracey misses his oppertunity and eventually just has to get blalock out, ozzie looks pissed and gets tracey outa the game and brings in montero to face the righty derosa...supposedly ozzie at some poiint was yelling on the bullpen phone but i didnt see that

I bet tracy doesn't have the balls to intentionally hit someone yet