Sweet geezus...

Steff

I agree with closing off the game threads once the game ends because they used to tend to drag on and on, very often in the wrong direction.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 03:03 AM)
I agree with closing off the game threads once the game ends because they used to tend to drag on and on, very often in the wrong direction.

The ironic thing is that I actually thought the game thread was very solid tonight.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 10:04 PM)
The ironic thing is that I actually thought the game thread was very solid tonight.

I thought it got better as the game went on, but there was some crap when Javy started losing it.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 10:09 PM)
Isn't that expected though when any of our pitchers give up more than 2 or 3 runs in an inning?

haha sometimes i dont even bother with them, its like the world is collapsing every time a guy gives up a HR or makes an error

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 10:09 PM)
Isn't that expected though when any of our pitchers give up more than 2 or 3 runs in an inning?

Yeah.

If we ever drop to the bottom of the division we just wont do game threads, cause I won't be able to handle it. :P

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 10:14 PM)
Yeah.

If we ever drop to the bottom of the division we just wont do game threads, cause I won't be able to handle it. :P

Uh oh, does Heads have an issue with stupid people/stupid comments?? If so, you really shouldn't be hanging around a sports fan message board. :P

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 10:49 PM)
You and this guy are the only ones that believe someone shouldnt of been beaned tonight for plunking AJ twice.

josh_purse_small.jpg

*Sighs*

I didn't ever even say nobody should be beaned. However you don't have your announcer b****ing about it, have your manager (in plain view of everybody) b**** at somebody for "missing" the guy that was supposed to be hit, and then have your entire fanbase b**** because nobody was taken out. That's a sad attitude, and the way people seem to think this will affect the team and cause us to get less respect is laughable.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 10:52 PM)
*Sighs*

I didn't ever even say nobody should be beaned. However you don't have your announcer b****ing about it, have your manager (in plain view of everybody) b**** at somebody for "missing" the guy that was supposed to be hit, and then have your entire fanbase b**** because nobody was taken out. That's a sad attitude, and the way people seem to think this will affect the team and cause us to get less respect is laughable.

You making a siggy based on this is laughable.

Retaliation is part of the game. Before the armor, and the mound charging this was taken care of quickly and it was over. You beaned someone, someone on your team got beaned. The incident was over, and they moved on. Now the fact that this wasnt taken care of tonight, there will be warnings probably tomorrow it affects the game. Now does buerhle get to pitch inside or does he have to go away in fear of accidentally plunking someone. Now this will hang over tomorrows game when it could of been taken care of in one hit.

The gamethreads would be so much better if people didn't automatically start heated s***-slinging with other posters as soon as the team does something less than stellar. Seriously, no need for it.

Can't we all just bag on Pods and his awesome leadoff hitter capabilities instead?

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 10:57 PM)
You making a siggy based on this is laughable.

Retaliation is part of the game. Before the armor, and the mound charging this was taken care of quickly and it was over. You beaned someone, someone on your team got beaned. The incident was over, and they moved on. Now the fact that this wasnt taken care of tonight, there will be warnings probably tomorrow it affects the game. Now does buerhle get to pitch inside or does he have to go away in fear of accidentally plunking someone. Now this will hang over tomorrows game when it could of been taken care of in one hit.

Dude, you're such a meathead and appearantly a caveman too. Hitting people does not win ballgames learn your baseball you meathead.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 11:05 PM)
Dude, you're such a meathead and appearantly a caveman too. Hitting people does not win ballgames learn your baseball you meathead.

Me try to figure out fire, then me work on winning baseball games.

cromagnon.gif

Edited by southsideirish71