Post game show?

Misplaced_Sox

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 11:39 PM)
I understand what Oz was trying to do...but c'mon man...I think Guillen's agitation with Tracey was a bit overboard.

Way overboard. Vasquez should have done it. It's not the job of a rookie to do that, IMO.

Guillen's anger from the entire game (not just AJ getting hit) was probably taken out on Tracey, but Tracey has no one to blame but himself. As a young pitcher, you do whatever you can to help your team. Whether it is pitch in blowout, dress up in whatever the veterans give you as hazing, or drill an opposing player... you do it. Tracey had a job to do. A job that would have earned the respect of his team, and made him feel like he was a part of things even more. Like Cintron hitting the game winners... sometimes it takes something to make you feel like a part of it all. I hope this isn't Sean's last time to be a part of it, but I was disappointed in him tonight.

QUOTE(G&T @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 11:43 PM)
Way overboard. Vasquez should have done it. It's not the job of a rookie to do that, IMO.

I disagree. Both teams had been warned. Javy does it... and he is getting kicked out of the game (who cares he was done anyways) and probably suspended for atleast one start as well. Ozzie gave Tracey the ball with a job to do. That is all it comes down to.

And Tracey, a kid with a lack of control to put it nicely, attempted to do that job...he threw at Blaylock not once, but TWICE. If he goes out there, and makes no efforts to do what Guillen wanted, then yeah, I certainly agree with DirtySox, but thats not the case.

Was anyone listening to Farmer during the game?

Sounded like he was put in a very similar situation.

As a rookie with the Oakland A's, Billy Martin put Farmio in, and told him to drill the batter in the neck.

Farmer did it and got the heat from the Ump... but he did what his manager asked him to do.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:57 AM)
i didn't see the game

so Tracey was supposed to throw at someone and didn't? f*** him if thats the case... thats total bulls*** on his b**** ass part.

Um, is that necessary at all?

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 11:56 PM)
Like Capn, Sean threw at him. He can't make him stand still.

I am not trying to argue or anything... but he didn't try hard enough. In all honesty... I don't think Tracey wanted to hit him. I think he was a little scared of the entire situation. Do you recall Victor Martinez staring him down in the game against the Tribe after hitting two batters in a row. Again, I am not saying what Ozzie did was right, and I am not saying Tracey sucks... I like the future for Tracey assuming he can work on his control. Tonight just wasn't good... Hopefully if the situation comes up again, he will come through.

(AP) Pierzynski was hit by pitches his first two at-bats, prompting home plate umpire Phil Cuzzi to issue warnings to both benches in the fourth.

"I don't know what the deal was. He had pretty good control and then he runs two first pitches in on me," Pierzynski said. `Why did he do it? You're going to have to ask him. I faced him maybe two times in the National League."

Padilla didn't comment after the game.

Pierzynski took a called third strike, a pitch on the outside corner, when he batted in the sixth.

Sean Tracey relieved Vazquez to start the seventh, and the right-hander got leadoff hitter Blalock out on a grounder. But White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen slammed a water bottle to the ground, brought Agustin Montero into pitch and then was seen in the dugout barking at Tracey, who pulled the collar of his jersey over his head.

"I tried to get Montero ready (to face Blalock) and wasn't able to. It was a little late," Guillen explained. "It was my mistake. I didn't get him up quick enough. I didn't want Tracey in that situation."

Tracey refused comment.

QUOTE(shaneomacfan @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 11:59 PM)
Tribune Link

This story seems to indicate just that. I'm a little disappointed, if true...

That is the most f***ed up thing I've read since yesterday. I just pray that Tracey isn't mentally f***ed up because of this since that what usually happens to one of our spects if he gets sent down.