Post game show?

Misplaced_Sox

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 11:58 PM)
Um, is that necessary at all?

uh, yea, it is.

if your manager tells you to throw at someone you do it. gotta back up your teammates. if you don't want to do that you have no business on this team.

It was just stupid on ozzie's part. Why the hell who you sent a rookie pitcher who has incredible stuff, but little (or NO) control to be asked to retaliate against an opposing player, or basically try and bean a player if you know that pitcher can't even throw a strike consistantly to begin with? Tracey should have just pitched like he usually does and he would have done the same thing with Cleveland (hit a batter by accident) not "try" and hit a batter cause he probably couldn't hit him if he tried.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:08 AM)
Is there a video feed or anything yet? Was it shown on the Texas feed?

Yeah. You want to watch the Texas feed. Comcast sanatized it.

Why isn't Vazquez being sent down? What about Montero? What would Guillen had done if McCarthy failed to get the 'job' done in that situation?

Tracey is a lamb for the slaughter of Ozzie's misplaced anger. Sad, really.

I said it before and I'll say it again. IMO Ozzie Guillen is similar to Dusty Baker when it comes to handling young players, he completely demoralized Tracey today possibly mentally f***ing the guy for years to come.

Anytime you see a guy like Tracey having to burry his head in his jersey after being removed from the game you know there's something wrong.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:13 AM)
I said it before and I'll say it again. IMO Ozzie Guillen is similar to Dusty Baker when it comes to handling young players, he completely demoralized Tracey today possibly mentally f***ing the guy for years to come.

Anytime you see a guy like Tracey having to burry his head in his jersey after being removed from the game you know there's something wrong.

I'm disgusted with Guillen's handling of Sean here.

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:00 AM)
I am not trying to argue or anything... but he didn't try hard enough. In all honesty... I don't think Tracey wanted to hit him. I think he was a little scared of the entire situation. Do you recall Victor Martinez staring him down in the game against the Tribe after hitting two batters in a row. Again, I am not saying what Ozzie did was right, and I am not saying Tracey sucks... I like the future for Tracey assuming he can work on his control. Tonight just wasn't good... Hopefully if the situation comes up again, he will come through.

From what I saw, I also got the impression that Tracey didn't want to hit the guy with a pitch. I hope that this game tonight doesn't effect Tracey. Hopefully he will be able to put it behind him.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:18 AM)
The fascination with you guys and young and unproven players shocks me. Sean did not do his job, im sure ozzie will love him again in the near future.

Until then, if sean is sent down, its his fault...hell throw behind the guy then.

Why are you putting a rookie with s*** control in a situation like that? Then completely demoralizing the guy after he fails to do his dirty work. That's bulls*** or as many like to say, that's bush. Funny how Tracey wasn't commenting after the game while packing his f***ing bags. Ozzie is completely out of control here.

I said it before and I'll say it again. IMO Ozzie Guillen is similar to Dusty Baker when it comes to handling young players.

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa..

That's a whole different discussion all-together. I never like anyone putting Ozzie and Dusty's name in the same sentence. Ozzie is very good with young players. He gives them every chance (eigher in pressure situations or making the team) to succeed. Ask Jenks and Logan this year. Dusty would never do that in a million years. He is against that philosophy. If I had to compare Ozzie to someone as far as getting a specific job done on the field (like retaliating, or a fundamental execution) it wouldn't be Baker.

That is what I am afraid might happen. I sure hope not. Perhaps sending him down to AAA might be the best thing for him at this point.

That is what I am afraid might happen. I sure hope not. Perhaps sending him down to AAA might be the best thing for him at this point.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:20 AM)
Why are you putting a rookie with s*** control in a situation like that? Then completely demoralizing the guy after he fails to do his dirty work. That's bulls*** or as many like to say, that's bush. Funny how Tracey wasn't commenting after the game while packing his f***ing bags. Ozzie is completely out of control here.

Excatly what I said. Completely agree.

We needed "Angry Politte" to make an emergency appearance, magically off the DL, to hit Blaylock!!

Seriously though, you don't put a wild-control rook in to do your dirty work. Sorry, Ozzie is wrong here. Then scar him further by taking your frustration out on him in the dugout in front of his teammates, THEN send him to Charlotte right after....I'd expect that type behavior from Phil Garner or someone.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:24 AM)
We needed "Angry Politte" to make an emergency appearance, magically off the DL, to hit Blaylock!!

Seriously though, you don't put a wild-control rook in to do your dirty work. Sorry, Ozzie is wrong here. Then scar him further by taking your frustration out on him in the dugout in front of his teammates, THEN send him to Charlotte right after....I'd expect that type behavior from Phil Garner or someone.

Phil Garner would probably throw a chair at him then hurl a racial slur his way. But yes, this was a very Garneresque explosiong from Ozzie and that's incredibly scary.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:13 AM)
Yeah. You want to watch the Texas feed. Comcast sanatized it.

Why isn't Vazquez being sent down? What about Montero? What would Guillen had done if McCarthy failed to get the 'job' done in that situation?

Tracey is a lamb for the slaughter of Ozzie's misplaced anger. Sad, really.

The blame on this goes to Vazquez tonight. If his quotes are correct and he really believed beyond a shadow of a doubt that Padilla threw purposely at AJ, someone the next inning should of been plunked.

Now on the note of Tracey wanting or not wanthing to plunk the hitter, if I am a rookie trying to make a team and I am told by my manage to plunk someone, they are getting a 4 seamer in the ribs no questions asked. Now should of Ozzie made it so blatantly obvious that he was pissed at Tracey, no. Tracey is an adult, if this is the worst thing that happens to him this year then he will be okay. Not executing plunking someone will piss off his teammates more than the little b**** slap he got out there by Ozzie. His job was to plunk the guy, and restore order to the game. Now it is left unfinished, so tomorrow the game is possibly changed.

Is Tracey getting sent down because of this. No. Pollite will be coming off the DL, and Tracey was brought up to replace Politte. He goes down. No because of this.

Wow.. looked around some other sox sites and this is really being talked about.. :o

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:31 AM)
Is Tracey getting sent down because of this. No. Pollite will be coming off the DL, and Tracey was brought up to replace Politte. He goes down. No because of this.

You honestly believe Montero deserves to be here more than Tracey? Not saying I don't agree with you, cause I do believe the sox want to have Tracey have some more seasoning in AAA, but to have an adventure guy, who serves up meatballs rather than a guy who has major league ready stuff (maybe not with control just yet) and who has a future here is going to get the nod? I need to take a s*** cause my stomach just felt iffy...

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:31 AM)

Oh c'mon man. You know he is getting sent down for this alone. Politte won't be off the DL until the 20th at the earliest. So we're gonna run 5 days short 1 pitcher if thats the case.

Baseball is a team game, where each player has everyone else's back. Guillen gave Tracy the chance to get back at the other team for the defense of our vocal leader, AJ. Tracy failed to get his back, and ozzie who stresses team unity, freaked out.

Consider this the intitiation for young Tracey into the baseball frat and he failed. This team is not a bunch of cookie cutter pussies, they are a team of grinders who play for each other.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:31 AM)
His job was to plunk the guy, and restore order to the game. Now it is left unfinished, so tomorrow the game is possibly changed.

You do understand the situation, right? Tracey would have been immediately ejected. Ozzie and Showalter would have been on the field in seconds, if not both entire benches. Who knows how Blalock would have reacted.

If Tracey hits Blalock, it only makes an already tense situation worse. Showalter is a card-carrying A#1 asshole, who absolutely hates Ozzie Guillen. You don't play into his hands. The situation was only going to get worse, not better.