Post game show?

Misplaced_Sox

Here is some new info with a few lines from Ozzie off WhiteSox.com

More direct and slightly more detailed information should come forth from the Tracey situation on Thursday, including a pitcher such as left-hander Javier Lopez or right-hander Jeff Farnsworth as a replacement from Charlotte. It was an eventful 10 days for Tracey, who was wild enough on Sunday night against Cleveland that he drew Victor Martinez's ire on a pitch inside after Tracey hit Travis Hafner.

On Wednesday night, it appeared as if Guillen was the angry party in question where Tracey was concerned -- whether the usually forthcoming manager would admit it or not.

"I was telling one of my coaches Montero wasn't ready," said Guillen of his brief but stern lecture caught on television. "That's why I was screaming.

"It was my fault to not get him up quick enough. I got caught deciding about leaving Javy in or not.

"One thing this guy is not is a mop-up guy," added Guillen of Tracey. "I didn't want Tracey in that situation, but Tracey was the one warming up."

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:39 AM)
Consider this the intitiation for young Tracey into the baseball frat and he failed. This team is not a bunch of cookie cutter pussies, they are a team of grinders who play for each other.

That's funny, I visited a frat that made cookie cutter pussies.

My dad totally owns a dealership.

I don't believe that for 1 second honestly....Tracey was getting some serious heat from Ozzie. It had NOTHING to do with Montero being ready or not, theres ALWAYS a way to slow the game down enough to give a warming pitcher time.

Nice try Ozzie.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:18 AM)
The fascination with you guys and young and unproven players shocks me. Sean did not do his job, im sure ozzie will love him again in the near future.

Until then, if sean is sent down, its his fault...hell throw behind the guy then.

^^^^^^^

someone else gets it! :cheers

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:43 AM)
I don't believe that for 1 second honestly....Tracey was getting some serious heat from Ozzie. It had NOTHING to do with Montero being ready or not, theres ALWAYS a way to slow the game down enough to give a warming pitcher time.

Nice try Ozzie.

Ozzie's quotes are laughable to anyone who saw the game. All he's doing is protecting his own ass so that he doesn't get a fine and suspension for ordering a beaning.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:46 AM)
^^^^^^^

someone else gets it! :cheers

my football coach would have kicked my ass if i did not listen to him...tracey looks like garbage here,

Adkins threw at the orioles last year when instructed.

give me farnsworth or someone who can work as part of a team.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:40 AM)
You do understand the situation, right? Tracey would have been immediately ejected. Ozzie and Showalter would have been on the field in seconds, if not both entire benches. Who knows how Blalock would have reacted.

If Tracey hits Blalock, it only makes an already tense situation worse. Showalter is a card-carrying A#1 asshole, who absolutely hates Ozzie Guillen. You don't play into his hands. The situation was only going to get worse, not better.

We have a player that was beaned not once, but twice without any retaliation. You realize that bad blood isnt going to go away just because AJ and crew says its over. You do realize that without getting redemption for our hit batters that if AJ or more so any player on the sox gets beaned tomorrow its more likely to be a flashpoint for a bench clearer than some player getting beaned in retaliation. Blalock and the entire Texas Ranger bench knew with the game out of hand, and the fact that AJ was plunked twice that someone was going to get nailed. Its a part of the game that has been there for a very very long time.

I blame this entire night on the fact that Vaz was too much of a pussy not to plunk someone right after AJ was beaned the first time. It would of been over and done with. Now with AJ getting plunked twice this has a higher probablility for flashboil than anything.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:48 AM)
my football coach would have kicked my ass if i did not listen to him...tracey looks like garbage here,

Adkins threw at the orioles last year when instructed.

give me farnsworth or someone who can work as part of a team.

My god guys...Tracey THREW AT BLAYLOCK TWICE.

Don't put a rook in to do that, one with suspect control...but looking at our pen, we don't really have 'veterans' in there, unless you wanna get Cotts or BMac suspended. No thanks. Was a lose-lose situation that could have been EASILY handled had Vasquez manned up and did his job IMMEDIATELY after AJ gets hit the 2nd time.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:52 AM)

Don't put a rook in to do that, one with suspect control...but looking at our pen, we don't really have 'veterans' in there, unless you wanna get Cotts or BMac suspended. No thanks. Was a lose-lose situation that could have been EASILY handled had Vasquez manned up and did his job IMMEDIATELY after AJ gets hit the 2nd time.

then throw behind him...make it look obvious to us

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:37 AM)
Wow.. looked around some other sox sites and this is really being talked about.. :o

You honestly believe Montero deserves to be here more than Tracey? Not saying I don't agree with you, cause I do believe the sox want to have Tracey have some more seasoning in AAA, but to have an adventure guy, who serves up meatballs rather than a guy who has major league ready stuff (maybe not with control just yet) and who has a future here is going to get the nod? I need to take a s*** cause my stomach just felt iffy...

Tracey has better tools than Montero or should I say Mike Jackson/Jose Vizcaino Redux without the stuff. But Ozzie likes Montero for whatever reason. Montero is a reliever. Traceys stuff looks great, the only thing he needs to fine tune is his control. Once he gets his stuff in the strikezone all the time he will be very effective.

If Tracey is being sent down for this particular thing, then its stupid.

4 IP in the bigs, just called up 10 days ago, 25 years old, s*** control, on the road, facing Hank Blalock, tons of tension and he's being asked to hit Blalock. Sounds like a good situation for Sean.

Edited by Kalapse

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:52 AM)

My problem is with Vaz's quote. He said after the first time AJ was plunked he knew it was on purpose. If that is the case, the fact that he didnt deck the first hitter is terrible.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:05 AM)
This place is going to go up for grabs if Tracey is traded at the deadline for something. It will be the Ozzie hated him and wanted him gone based on this.

Tracey has a great arm. He has good stuff. He needs some better control in the long run.

If Tracey is moved as part of a package for a reliable verteran reliever or something along those lines I doubt many people will have a problem with it.

I fear for Sean Tracey's future with this organization after tonight, and really that's quite sad.

You all saw what happened to Jon Rauch when he left the ballpark, and I'm not saying this is going to come anything close to that.

But you know what happens when Ozzie and KW don't like a guy (Carlos Lee), he gets shipped away.

If I'm a team like Washington who likes our young arms and has dealt with us before (Rauch and Majewski), I'm onto the phone with KW tonight.

Hopefully he doesn't make any rash decisions.