Chicago NewsMedia Watch 6/15/06

Hangar18

It's obvious Hangar's friends from WSI are defending him. If you browsed their website occasionally, or simply knew his relationship among members from others on Soxtalk, you know there were a sizable contingent of supporters who fueled his rants.

If his only purpose in registering is to post in this thread, well, that's a shame. Even though he opposes your opinion on this issue, I believe we can both agree members who add substance to this website should be welcomed.

Agree totally Flash.

Hangar's friends are registering in his defense, anyone is welcome here, and I find it interesting of all the things to comment on for one's first posts on a White Sox fansite, it's chastizing those who oppose hangar's methods.

Funny, when I first joined this site I posted about stuff between the lines. I didn't branch out to the peripheral stuff until later on. Those who join and immediately start telling other people what's right and what's wrong ... well ... excuse me if I think they have a hidden agenda.

Hey hangar ... maybe post a list of all your WSI supporters and their user names over there ... that way we can know who we're dealing with????

Also on Monday we'll get the full rundown of Hangar's encounters in Cincinnati. We will receive detailed reports of Hangar "educating" Reds fans who have the totally wrong impression of White Sox fans, U.S. Cellular Field, and Bridgeport (due to the media of course). Tune in as Hangar trumps these fans and leaves them in stunned silence, especially the one fan in Cincinnati this weekend who happened to wear a Cubs hat at a bar after the game. Watch for the post that starts with "So I went to a local bar after Sat. night's game ... " :D

Edited by JimH

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really havent gotten into the argument, i just have been watching the entire thing unfold because it is really interesting the way it has gone back and forth. I just found it curious that there are all these new guys jumping in to his defense, not that their opinions are wrong because they have a right to their opinion.

Personally, I was ignoring the media watch and paying attention to the arguments. i really dont think the media watch is some sort of genius calculatory method to really finding out which team is more popular, its just another way for Hangar to express frustration at the Cubs.

Carry on,

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 09:36 PM)
Kap,

Yes what you say makes a lot of sense and once again let me say I appreciate your insight.

Let me ask this ... you identified three problems here, they are:

1. the person in question who, when people disagree, responds with talk that isn't facts but simply more talk which turns into belittlement

2. the STFU's that result

and

3. The usual lapdogs who pounce on those people who have the sensitivity to the STFU's

Why not just deal with the people who are the cause of those three identified problems? I presume you guys are, not my business, but I think my question is legit.

Sometimes, soxtalk admins and mods tend to deal with some things out in the open. This is a case in point. We want people to know what we're doing, and what we're not, unless it deals with a specific incident and that person then deserves the respect of being dealt with privately.

In this case, we want people to understand that we want to welcome the debate, and we're trying to change behavior if you're going to bring about a discussion like this. If the person can't craft the arguments better then they are and keep belittleing people, they'll get their 'justice', if you will.

The 'regulars' are being allowed to express their frustration - I'm just saying be careful to not go overboard to you people who have little tolerance for the 'ignorance', and eventually things will work themselves out. I must admit that I think it's quite amazing all the newbies jumping in - quite frankly, they have little influence as to what will happen.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 11:00 PM)
Wow, I thought I stumpled into the New York Knicks forum for a second here...

Really, really inside joke for probably the 2 people here that also read the Realgm.com forums...

I know Nitetrain is one.

I can only guess what Knicks fans are talking about right now. Running Thomas out of town with torches and pitchforks is probably one thing