Nike Basketball Shoes

SouthSidePride05

Has anyone here experienced problems with their Nike basketball shoes? I've always worn Nike shoes and never had problems until recently.

In April I got new basketball shoes for my birthday. I loved them when I first got em. They were comfortable, fit just right, and looked cool. So I threw away my old pair of shoes cuz I thought I wouldn't need them again.

In the last 2 weeks, whenever the shoe bends while I'm walking, it makes a loud crunchy noise. So if I'm walking through a quiet store, my loud shoes are echoing throughout the whole store, it's embarrassing. The noise is coming from the soles of the shoe, whenever it bends. Is there any way to get rid of this noise? It almost sounds like the bottom of my shoes are sticky but that's not the case. Despite this annoying noise, the shoes are still in great condition and I hope I don't have to pay for new shoes soon. Any advice appreciated!

Not sure I have the same problem as you, but I bought a pair of plain, low-end Nike tennis shoes a little over a year ago and they were fine for the first six months or so. But then the right one began making a squaking noise when I'd put pressure on the front part (under the toe). I couldn't tell if it was the sole or insole, but it was definitely towards the font of the shoe. I'm glad that I only paid $40 for them, because I was quite pissed. I've since replaced them with a far-superior pair of Rockports.

I used to have some Nike's that had air in the insole part and eventually made the same squeeky noise. I thought it was because of the air, so I never bought any like those again and haven't had a problem with it. I also believe it was because my shoes had gotten water inside the air part.

Exchange/return them from where you purchased them. I have heard other stories about squeaky shoes being usually exchanged or sometimes even returned with relatively few problems, especially if purchaed at a niketown. If you are considering to do so, I'd recommend giving the place you bought them from a call to see what their policy in that situation is.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 12:12 PM)
It's hard to find a good pair of shoes these days. Everything is crap. Converse seems to have been the best brand of basketball shoes I've bought and Nike has been by far the worst.

Kinda interesting fact...Nike owns Converse now.

I still say you should attempt to exchange them if the squeaking is really bad.