David Riske

Sox1422

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 07:27 PM)
If we multiple this even year times the square root of Brett Saberhagens ERA, and multiple it by infitinity, David is still better than the 2006 version of Gas Can Clifford Politte.

How about Oil Can Boyd

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If we multiple this even year times the square root of Brett Saberhagens ERA, and multiple it by infitinity, David is still better than the 2006 version of Gas Can Clifford Politte.

Dude, way too complicated. multiple and square root. Please lets just stick with even and odd numbered years. Jeeze.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:56 PM)
Well, you're in luck because I happen to enjoy those commercials.

Great! I'm the guy who made them!

No, I'm not an ad executive, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

(Last thing I hear = multiple gunshots)

Incredible coup for Kenny Williams.

Step one: find team desperate for a LOOGY

Step two: sell high on AAAA LOOGY

Step three: laugh all the way to the playoffs

The talent levels of the parties in this trade are miles apart. This would be like trading Ross Gload for Kevin Youkilis.

So long as Riske isn't used as a setup man or closer, he's fine. In Cleveland, every time they brought him in for the 8th or 9th with men on base, he had a meltdown (walks, mostly). When he was used in the 7th and 8th with no one on, he was reliable.

QUOTE(Contreras @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 02:58 PM)
Incredible coup for Kenny Williams.

Step one: find team desperate for a LOOGY

Step two: sell high on AAAA LOOGY

Step three: laugh all the way to the playoffs

The talent levels of the parties in this trade are miles apart. This would be like trading Ross Gload for Kevin Youkilis.

So long as Riske isn't used as a setup man or closer, he's fine. In Cleveland, every time they brought him in for the 8th or 9th with men on base, he had a meltdown (walks, mostly). When he was used in the 7th and 8th with no one on, he was reliable.

before this year riske has been a horse too....70+ innings in each of the last 3 years

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:17 PM)
Riske being equally if not a little tougher on LH hitters is also a bonus. Don't have to play the match-up game with him as he's held LH hitters under a .200 baa the last 3 seasons (average). Righties hitting .233.

If ozzie and the sox didn't realize it last year with that politte and jenks can get lefties out they never will.

Only right handers can get right handers out and the same goes for lefties... unless if they looked at some stats maybe? Nah, why help the team at any cost.

Gotta love Kenny yet again:

Turns a AAA journeyman reliever into Alex Cintron

Picks up Esteban Loaiza off the scrap heap, gets a 21 win season out of him, later turns it into Jose Contreras

Turns a bust first round pick from the previous regime into a 98 MPH throwing solid LOOGY

Signs Jermaine Dye for WAY below market value for a player of his calibur

Picks up Bobby Jenks off waivers for 30 grand

Signs Dustin Hermanson last year and gets that sick season out of him

Turns El Duque, a mop up bullpen arm, and a prospect into Vazquez

Turns Miguel Olivo, Jeremy Reed, and Mike Morse into Freddy Garcia

Picks up Javier Lopez off the scrap heap for nothing, turns him into a solid RP in Riske

Between that, the stuff I'm sure I forgot, and that whole World Series thing.....Kenny needs to sign a freaking lifetime deal as GM.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 08:32 PM)
Gotta love Kenny yet again:

Turns a AAA journeyman reliever into Alex Cintron

Picks up Esteban Loaiza off the scrap heap, gets a 21 win season out of him, later turns it into Jose Contreras

Turns a bust first round pick from the previous regime into a 98 MPH throwing solid LOOGY

Signs Jermaine Dye for WAY below market value for a player of his calibur

Picks up Bobby Jenks off waivers for 30 grand

Signs Dustin Hermanson last year and gets that sick season out of him

Turns El Duque, a mop up bullpen arm, and a prospect into Vazquez

Turns Miguel Olivo, Jeremy Reed, and Mike Morse into Freddy Garcia

Picks up Javier Lopez off the scrap heap for nothing, turns him into a solid RP in Riske

Between that, the stuff I'm sure I forgot, and that whole World Series thing.....Kenny needs to sign a freaking lifetime deal as GM.

Its funny how you just say and a prospect like its nothing when that prospect was the biggest part of the deal. Still good trade but probably should be said turned a top prospect into a top of a rotation starter.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 03:35 PM)
Its funny how you just say and a prospect like its nothing when that prospect was the biggest part of the deal. Still good trade but probably should be said turned a top prospect into a top of a rotation starter.

We will see about Chris Young.....Jeremy Reed was a can't miss prospect not too long ago.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 04:29 PM)
So when does redandwhite drop by to tell us how this was a coup for the Sawx and we picked up their garbage and they got a diamond in the rough to help them climb over the top of the mountain.

i'd give it until gametime. Once he tells us how washed up Riske is, and how lopez really makes them stronger, you know its a good trade for us.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 04:29 PM)
So when does redandwhite drop by to tell us how this was a coup for the Sawx and we picked up their garbage and they got a diamond in the rough to help them climb over the top of the mountain.

Never. I believe he's banned.

I was surprised as anyone to hear this trade announced. Especially around this date. Perhaps Boston has another relief pitcher in the minors who will replace Riske, and they're attempting to receive a situational lefty with low value. Williams seems to shine in these types of low-key moves. He certaintly did his job here. Much better option than Tracey or Montero.

Edited by Flash Tizzle