AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!!&#

NUKE_CLEVELAND

Go see my post in the Pods thread for starters...average at best defensive left fielder, no arm at all to speak of, horrendous reads on balls hit to him, no approach whatsoever at the plate as a leadoff hitter, an OBP that ranks him 9th out of the 14 leadoff hitters in teh AL, yeah...you're right, I'm a bit biased I guess.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 12:33 AM)
Go see my post in the Pods thread for starters...average at best defensive left fielder, horrendous reads on balls hit to him, no approach whatsoever at the plate as a leadoff hitter, an OBP that ranks him 9th out of the 14 leadoff hitters in teh AL, yeah...you're right, I'm a bit biased I guess.

And I understand all of that, but because of that, you have to include him in literally every single post that you make?

The one thing that Pods does is see a lot of pitches. Thats his plan when he is up there. See as many pitches as possible, try to get on base and make a difference, then get to the dugout and tell the team what the pitcher's got. Thats the job of a leadoff hitter.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 12:37 AM)
The one thing that Pods does is see a lot of pitches. Thats his plan when he is up there. See as many pitches as possible, try to get on base and make a difference, then get to the dugout and tell the team what the pitcher's got. Thats the job of a leadoff hitter.

Well, thats "A" job of the leadoff hitter...and yes you are right, he does do that pretty well usually. But hes had a pretty forgetful June and end of May in terms of reaching base, another crucial job of your leadoff hitter. Hey, I want him to be a great success at the top of our lineup as much as anyone else, but while he is not hitting or even playing defense that well, ride the hot hand.