Pablo Ozuna

NUKE_CLEVELAND

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of putting Pablo in the lineup for a few games a week until Scotty starts hitting again. I would also switch him around in the infield if guys need days off... He is a stud at the utility position and that is all I ever see him being. I think he loves his role.

If you're waiting on me to post a witty and factual retort to that..

keep waiting, its not gonna happen. Pods can take a few days off, I don't mind one bit.

I wouldn't mind putting Pablo in the lineup a few days in a row but not consecutively for Pods. Maybe one day in left, one day at 3rd, one day in right, etc. but not in LF for a few days in a row. Pods needs to hit.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 03:56 AM)
Well Pablo is faster, a better contact hitter and a better base runner in general but we are also 7-9 when he starts so he must be using his crazy ass voodoo against us somehow. I'm torn.

Is it voodoo or whats it called hoodoo? From the skeleton key.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 10:56 PM)
Well Pablo is faster, a better contact hitter and a better base runner in general but we are also 7-9 when he starts so he must be using his crazy ass voodoo against us somehow. I'm torn.

There's definitely been some bad defense by Ozuna. But it seems like they are winning more recently with Pablo playing.

The way Pablo's been hitting lately is way ahead of the way Pods is hitting lately. To be fair, Pablo has been mostly facing lefties, which has helped him.

Normally, you could get away with saying "But Pablo's a butcher in left", but right now Podsednik is in Adam Dunn territory in terms of making errors in left field, which is just terrible.

At least for the time being, this situation is crying out for a platoon.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 01:10 AM)
It's almost getting ridiculous, Pablo just gets a hit every time he swings that magic wand of his, and it's usually f***ing ugly to look at. If only he could play defense *sighs*.

*Fixed* :)

Not only is he doing his slap-hitting speedster thing, he's also sporting a .560 SLG, which gets him up to a 1.023 OPS.

(Dye has a 1.032 OPS)

(Konerko has a .953 OPS)

(Thome has a 1.031 OPS)

He's .440/.472/.640 vs LHP this year (50 AB)

He's .400/.444/.400 vs RHP this year (25 AB)

That's just wrong.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 05:22 AM)
When ever Zoomer gets in a game he always does something you remember. It's not always good, but you always remember him.

This year I cannot recall Pablo screwing up more than 1 or 2 times. Honestly Pablo has been the biggest catalyst for the team. We can say "Sure, he is facing lefties and that helps him...", but look at the lefties he is sent in to hit against. Santana, Sabathia, probably Randy Johnson when they play NY. Pablo hits great lefties very well, and that shouldnt be overlooked. He bunts well, he has been stealing bases, and everywhere Ozzie has put him this year defensively he has been adequate. Aside from the KC game earlier this year, Pablo has held his own in left. He still has a messed up approach to left field, but his instincts are shortstop instincts all the way. LOL, when he made that diving catch yesterday he looked like he was diving onto the infield grass trying to catch a pop-bunt.

I have become a huge Pablo fan this year.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 06:19 AM)
Aside from the KC game earlier this year, Pablo has held his own in left.

That's just not accurate. I was at the 10-2 loss to the Rangers. You know, the one with all the doubles to left? Believe me, some of that was Pablo. One play I remember quite well is Pablo diving for a ball about 8 feet away from him...Blocking Anderson from a play that he wouldn't have even needed to dive for. I heard Anderson calling Pablo off from my seat in right field.

:lolhitting

Edited by Contreras' Crew

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 10:56 PM)

When Ozuna starts it's usually the Sunday lineup. That might be why.

I enjoy watching Pablo play as he looks like he just loves being out there.

I was at that Rangers game and BA missed it anyway (let it get passed him) so they both botched that play, but considering it was already something like 6-2 when it happened, what was one more rotten play on the afternoon lol (yeah, I am joking)?