Pablo Ozuna

NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(Allsox @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 02:35 PM)
Pods may be bad in the OF but Pablo makes him look like Torii Hunter out there. And you said it yourself:

"He's not a starter but he's so damn perfect off the bench"

Good, let's keep Pablo that way and let Pods right himself. When Scotty's on, he's a much better player than Pablo Ozuna in the leadoff spot for the Sox.

Right now Pablo Ozuna is a better hitter than Podsednik, it's awful tough to keep trotting Pods out there and watch him suck while Pablo just sits on the bench with his magic wand or justice.

And in terms of defense it's really who's the tallest midget out there.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 02:33 PM)
Average or mediocre. :o

There's too many damn stats to prove to many damn points. There will also always be a group of people who will defend him with their lives. Mainly because he has a cute little ass.

You totally addes that yourself. :P

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 02:32 PM)
I got slammed so much last year commenting how Pods was not all that good.

And wrongfully so.

Pods is a great sparkplug for this team when he's on his game but when he's off he's utterly horrible. Pablo has clearly got the hottest hand right now and he needs to be in the lineup as much as we possibly can. He doesn't necessarily have to take only Pod's place but he can be rotated around to a couple of different positions and still get in the lineup.

i read every post in this thread, and this is my first post of these forums.

we all know Pablo is doing quite well right now, and that is great to have that in the lineup, but like others have said, he isn\'t an everyday player for a reason. throw him out there everyday and it might be too much for him and he might go 0 for 20 cause of all the added physical toll of playing everyday. As it stands right now, Podsednik is a much much better option as a leadoff hitter, regardless of numbers. The numbers are not the same thing, it\'s comparing apples to oranges. A veteren to a younger guy. An everyday player to a bench player.

i\'m not discounting Pablo, i love the guy, he\'s done great things, but his fielding has honestly made me cry. when\'s it is hit out there I hold my breath, no matter where he plays, albeit OF or IF. Last year\'s team was built on defense and pitching, this year, yes some offense was added, but Ozzie will be the first one to tell you that his main concern is the pitching right now. It\'s been quoted left and right all season long.

The comment about the tallest midget based on their two fielding is just ridiculous. I\'ve seen Scotty make play after play out there that I was amazed with, while I\'ve seen Ozuna stop, think he has it, start back peddling frantically, and misplay the ball disgustingly. There is absolutely no contest on fielding and that is the way the White Sox are built. Thats the reason Anderson is playing at all.

Why aren\'t we getting on Anderson for his entire season of \"slumping\" ? He\'s in cause he\'s a pretty decent centerfielder, even though Machowiak is batting better. That is the way this team is ran, so get used to it. At this point, I could go out there and bat better than Anderson has...

And then!!! another bat that is struggling is Uribe. However, his fielding out there is amazing. So it\'s a slightly different comparison there. All I\'m saying is, that this team is built on defense and pitching, and because of that and the consistency difference between Podsednik and Ozuna, Podsednik will never be replaced as the everyday starter in LF this season, that is just the way it is.

Ozuna is hot, Podsednik is in a slump, both will equalize in time. When that happens Podsednik is the better choice.

GO SOX!

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 06:40 PM)
i read every post in this thread, and this is my first post of these forums.

we all know Pablo is doing quite well right now, and that is great to have that in the lineup, but like others have said, he isn\'t an everyday player for a reason. throw him out there everyday and it might be too much for him and he might go 0 for 20 cause of all the added physical toll of playing everyday. As it stands right now, Podsednik is a much much better option as a leadoff hitter, regardless of numbers. The numbers are not the same thing, it\'s comparing apples to oranges. A veteren to a younger guy. An everyday player to a bench player.

i\'m not discounting Pablo, i love the guy, he\'s done great things, but his fielding has honestly made me cry. when\'s it is hit out there I hold my breath, no matter where he plays, albeit OF or IF. Last year\'s team was built on defense and pitching, this year, yes some offense was added, but Ozzie will be the first one to tell you that his main concern is the pitching right now. It\'s been quoted left and right all season long.

The comment about the tallest midget based on their two fielding is just ridiculous. I\'ve seen Scotty make play after play out there that I was amazed with, while I\'ve seen Ozuna stop, think he has it, start back peddling frantically, and misplay the ball disgustingly. There is absolutely no contest on fielding and that is the way the White Sox are built. Thats the reason Anderson is playing at all.

Why aren\'t we getting on Anderson for his entire season of \"slumping\" ? He\'s in cause he\'s a pretty decent centerfielder, even though Machowiak is batting better. That is the way this team is ran, so get used to it. At this point, I could go out there and bat better than Anderson has...

And then!!! another bat that is struggling is Uribe. However, his fielding out there is amazing. So it\'s a slightly different comparison there. All I\'m saying is, that this team is built on defense and pitching, and because of that and the consistency difference between Podsednik and Ozuna, Podsednik will never be replaced as the everyday starter in LF this season, that is just the way it is.

Ozuna is hot, Podsednik is in a slump, both will equalize in time. When that happens Podsednik is the better choice.

GO SOX!

Trust me, Anderson has caught plenty of heat around here for his poor batting but Pods is also worthy of some scrutiny as well. My biggest beef with him is that he's consistently inconsistent. Id much rather see him hit a steady 275 than go from 230-300 and back down again.

Welcome to the boards BTW.

:cheers

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 08:50 PM)
Trust me, Anderson has caught plenty of heat around here for his poor batting but Pods is also worthy of some scrutiny as well. My biggest beef with him is that he's consistently inconsistent. Id much rather see him hit a steady 275 than go from 230-300 and back down again.

Welcome to the boards BTW.

:cheers

gotcha, just pointing it out if it wasn't already done. but ya, inconsistancy is never a good thing...

Look at the stats in post 62 of this thread.

The problem could be Ozzie's use of Pods as much as Pods. It's pretty plain he's struggled mightily against lefties, hitting them at a .178 clip. Yet Ozzie has played him against lefties about 30% of the time. If Pods played only against righties, his .280+ average, .380+ OBP, and .450+ slugging would be outstanding. No one here would be complaining.

So shouldn't Ozzie be playing Ozuna more against the lefties and Pods less? Trouble there is, as weak as Pods' defense can be in LF, Ozuna is worse.

I think Ozzie is playing Pods against the lefties because he expects him to come around. I think he will. His 3-year average is .268 against them. That's almost .100 points higher than where he is now. He'll get there. Just give him a little time.