A guy I worked with murdered

rangercal

I work at a restauarant bartending and serving every once in a while. A few days ago, one of our bussers was beaten to death. I actually found out about the news today. He was a nice quiet guy. Always smiled, always asked how I was. He leaves a 5 year old, a 14 year old and a wife who is currently unemployed. Please put him in your prayers. Here is the story from the Suntimes.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/roadrage15.html

Charges expected in road rage beating death

June 15, 2006

FROM STNG WIRE REPORTS

Lincolnwood police Thursday

Lincolnwood police Thursday were interviewing three men expected to be charged in connection with a fatal road rage beating.

The road rage incident began early Monday morning on Chicago's North Side and ended at the intersection of Crawford and Lincoln avenues in the north suburb, according to Lincolnwood police Chief Daniel Gooris.

Killed was Javier Sandoval, 45, of the 6900 block of N. Ashland Blvd., who was pronounced dead at 4:40 p.m. Wednesday at St. Francis Hospital in Evasnton, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office. He was severely beaten and suffered multiple head injuries, according to an office spokesman.

An autopsy confirmed the cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head suffered in an assault and the death was ruled a homicide, according to the medical examiner's office.

The incident began when Sandoval's sport-utility vehicle and the suspects' sedan cut each other off at the intersection of Pulaski Road and Lawerence Avenue, Gorris said. The cars then began to "play bumper tag" as they headed northbound on Pulaski Road, which becomes Crawford Avenue in Lincolnwood.

Moments later the suspects' car cut-off Sandoval's SUV and the people riding in both cars emptied into the street, Gooris said.

Three men beat Sandoval until he was unconscious, but another passenger who was riding with the victim was able to run away and hide from the attackers, Gooris said.

A witness to the attack attempted to stop the beating and yelled at the men "to stop beating him," Gooris said. The witness was able to provide police with a licence plate and description of the suspects.

The witness and the passenger who escaped were attempting to identify the suspects in a police line-up with officials from the Cook County State's Attorney's office, and charges against the men were expected to be filed later Thursday, Gooris said.

The men were taken into police custody Wednesday night. No charges had been filed against the suspects as of about 3:30 p.m. Thursday.

The victim did not know his attackers prior to the incident, according to Gooris.

"It is just a case of a car full of idiots and a situation which esclated out of control," the chief said.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 08:30 AM)
I saw this on the news last night.

There was also another crazy story about a few guys going into the kitchen of a restaurant and killing a guy who worked there.

See.. this is why I do not watch the news. :headshake

I feel bad for the guy's family and certainly he shouldn't have been murdered over it, but this is never a good idea:

"The incident began when Sandoval's sport-utility vehicle and the suspects' sedan cut each other off at the intersection of Pulaski Road and Lawerence Avenue, Gorris said. The cars then began to "play bumper tag" as they headed northbound on Pulaski Road, which becomes Crawford Avenue in Lincolnwood."

I'll say it again, you never know who you're f***in' with. :headshake

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 01:56 PM)
I feel bad for the guy's family and certainly he shouldn't have been murdered over it, but this is never a good idea:

"The incident began when Sandoval's sport-utility vehicle and the suspects' sedan cut each other off at the intersection of Pulaski Road and Lawerence Avenue, Gorris said. The cars then began to "play bumper tag" as they headed northbound on Pulaski Road, which becomes Crawford Avenue in Lincolnwood."

yeah, and he should have kept his ass in the car.

again, i feel very bad too, but get a license plate and call a cop...

your kids would have appreciated that over getting out.

either way it's tragic, and unbelievable.

Edited by Steve9347

some good news.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/custom/...ll=chi-news-hed

Bonds set in Lincolnwood road rage killing

By Dan Blake

Tribune staff reporter

Published June 16, 2006, 3:53 PM CDT

Bond was set at $500,000 each today for three men charged with fatally beating a man on a Lincolnwood street during a road-rage attack earlier this week.

Jose Garcia-Sandoval, 27, Felipe Gomez-Ramirez, 28, who both live together on the 4500 block of North Karlov Avenue, and Ricardo Guzman, 22, 3300 block of West Hutchinson Street, were charged with first-degree murder and aggravated battery, Cook County state's attorney's office spokeswoman Tandra Simonton said.

The bonds were set when the men appeared in the Skokie courthouse today.

The prelude to the attack started after the defendants were cut off at a traffic light on Chicago's North Side early Monday, police said. The attackers chased Victor Gutama and Javier Sandoval as they were driving home in a Ford Bronco and forced the truck off the road in Lincolnwood, Simonton said.

The men got out of their Ford Crown Victoria and attacked Gutama, who was driving and had gotten out of the Bronco as they approached, she said. Javier Sandoval got out and was immediately punched and fell to the ground.

The men then allegedly beat Javier Sandoval while he was on the ground but Gutama was able to get away with only minor injuries.

Javier Sandoval, of the 6900 block of North Ashland Boulevard, suffered extensive brain injuries in the assault and was comatose for several days. He was pronounced dead at St. Francis Hospital in Evanston at 4:04 p.m. Wednesday, according to the Cook County medical examiner's office.

A witness began yelling at the attackers as they beat the man while he tried to crawl away, prompting the men to get back in their vehicle and drive off. The Crown Victoria's license plate was later reported to police.

All three men made videotaped statements to police, admitting to attacking either Gutama or Sandoval or both victims, Simonton said.

All three are scheduled to appear for their next court hearing on June 27 in Skokie.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 01:56 PM)

he was actually the passenger

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 01:20 AM)
TSB-26.jpg

Thats why I always have something similar to this in my driver side door. You never know when some moron is going to try to pull something when you are out there.

Someone told me those are illegal to carry unless you're in law enforcement?

I'd try to avoid any confrontation altogether, but I'm with you, if it comes down to it, I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.