Game Thread: 6/16/06, Sox @ Reds

RME JICO

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 06:33 PM)
Garcia is so f***ing terrible. He can't go on the DL soon enough. Where's the dumbasses arguing how many quality starts he has, etc.

Quality start and Freddy Garcia don't belong in the same sentence as of late.

QUOTE(BFirebird @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 05:31 PM)
Why is Rich Aurilia hitting 4th and Dunn 5th?

Well, besides that lucky shot.

Rich Aurilia's home/road splits last year were sick. He hits very well in the GABP band box and not so well anyplace else.

We have a manager that believes in "little things" and "scrappy". Strikeouts (which Dunn is known for) isn't scrappy or a "productive out".

In another words, we have no idea why Narron's in love with RA hitting fourth, We figure Aurilia's got pictures of Narron with a pony.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 06:33 PM)
I said it his last start and I'll say it again. How can anyone defend Freddy Garcia?

Get in the stands with a glove?

Ohhh, sorry - I thought you said "how can anyone defend FOR Freddy Garcia?"

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 06:34 PM)
I'm really getting worried about the back-end of our rotation. I don't have a whole lot of faith in anyone not named Contreras or Buehrle.

They haven't given you any reason to have faith in them, except for the size of their paychecks.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 06:35 PM)
They haven't given you any reason to have faith in them, except for the size of their paychecks.

Which is extremely dissapointing. The one aspect of this team I had absolutely no worries about coming into this season was our rotation.

bedwet.jpg

I've professed it for several weeks and will continue to:

A perfect offseason in my mind is one in which Williams unloades Garland and Garcia. I'm just tired of watching these two pitch. Worry about a 5th starter later. I realize such a scenario is riverting back to 2004, but if those two are continuing to give us 5IP, 5ER performances I rather pay 8 million less for the same.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 11:35 PM)
Its ok though, remember people he has reinvited himself as a control/finesse pitcher!

I think the only people that think that's going to work are the same people who think someone like Pods is awesome.