Paul Konerko

As little as some may think he was effected by it, I think that Paulie's participation in the Home Run Derby last year took a lot out of his swing. He had a significant second-half dropoff last season and isn't hitting anything this year (he is averaging just 1 RBI per 3 or 4 games and his messing with the Mendoza Line). Unfortunately, I don't think things will turn around for him.

Those were two GREAT pickups he made in the eighth inning.  They were followed by Lee's error in left.  If PK doesn't make those two tough plays, anything could have happened.

Yes they were. But he's had a downright s***ty season thus far. He needs to work on hitting fundamentals once again to gain some confidence, because the Lord only knows how little he has.

Those were two GREAT pickups he made in the eighth inning.  They were followed by Lee's error in left.  If PK doesn't make those two tough plays, anything could have happened.

Pk didn't look bad his last two at bats. One at bat yesterday as a pinch hitter where he hit and absolute rope. One of the hardest hit I've seen of PK all season. Today I forget what he did, but it wasn't horrible. Those were some great picks though.

I think just letting his mind relax is what he really need. PK really gets onto himself and with him going like this for so long, he's probably double thinking everything which can't help him.

He's one guy I'd just flat give 3 or 4 games off and being that the Sox are in the NL and Frank is gonna get a lot of first, Konerko will probably get just that. Look for him to start hitting when the Sox head home.

Or maybe Paul just had a career half last year?

If he's still feeling the effects of the Home Run Derby than he doesn't belong on a MLB roster. It was 11 months ago for christ's sake. He signed a big extension last off season, you'd think he's have enough quarters to go to the cages more often.

PK is a huge disappointment. However, saying that I think he really showed some good glove work getting those low throws from Crede. Not saying Frank couldn't have, but PK is a better glove man than Frank, if for no other reason than the time he has spent at firstbase. The one thing about Konerko and his hitting is that he is making contact. I think he has to do just what Walker and Manuel have been saying to the others and that is hit the line drives and go with the pitch instead of trying to hit the homerun all the time. I think we will see Paulie back in the lineup either at DH or IB when we get back to Chicago. We'll see if he puts the advice to work.

PK is a huge disappointment. However, saying that I think he really showed some good glove work getting those low throws from Crede. Not saying Frank couldn't have, but PK is a better glove man than Frank, if for no other reason than the time he has spent at firstbase. The one thing about Konerko and his hitting is that he is making contact. I think he has to do just what Walker and Manuel have been saying to the others and that is hit the line drives and go with the pitch instead of trying to hit the homerun all the time. I think we will see Paulie back in the lineup either at DH or IB when we get back to Chicago. We'll see if he puts the advice to work.

They have already said pauly will be DHing when we get back to Chicago.

So are you saying in so many words that we should use Paulie as a "late-inning defensive replacement"?

Anybody ever think they would see/hear those words? LOL

So are you saying in so many words that we should use Paulie as a "late-inning defensive replacement"?

Anybody ever think they would see/hear those words? LOL

My goodness NO! What I am saying is in defense of PK and that is he is still trying and contributing. I hope he can turn it around with the bat soon.