And thats a Cubs loser

zygoat

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 03:56 PM)
Wow....this might become a legendary post. What day should I plan Marmol's Hall of Fame acceptance speech?

I'll say this -- if Marmol's in our minor league system he's immediately the best arm. Whether he surrenders 4ER or 20 this afternoon. Sure as hell would take him over Lance Broadway.

How many White Sox pitching debuts within the last 12 years end on a 6IP, 1ER, 7K performance?

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 04:12 PM)
I'll say this -- if Marmol's in our minor league system he's immediately the best arm. Whether he surrenders 4ER or 20 this afternoon. Sure as hell would take him over Lance Broadway.

How many White Sox pitching debuts within the last 12 years end on a 6IP, 1ER, 7K performance?

blind luck

Kip Wells went 5.1 IP with 1 ER, 2 BB and 4 K.

QUOTE(The-Legend-Of-Pujols @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 03:45 PM)
Carlos Marmol will be better than any Sox pitcher in a couple of years you can bet on that. I HATE the Cubs because Im a Die Hard Cardinals fan but Marmol is my favorite pitcher in the league because he has a cannon for an arm and is so poise and has a great curveball with an upper 90's fastball. Carlos Marmol will be the Rookie-Of the-Year.

::coughcubfancough::

:bang

GMAB, Flash. I'm almost certain you didn't even know who Marmol was until last week. You just love taking shots at our minor leaguers.

QUOTE(The-Legend-Of-Pujols @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 03:45 PM)
Carlos Marmol will be better than any Sox pitcher in a couple of years you can bet on that. I HATE the Cubs because Im a Die Hard Cardinals fan but Marmol is my favorite pitcher in the league because he has a cannon for an arm and is so poise and has a great curveball with an upper 90's fastball. Carlos Marmol will be the Rookie-Of the-Year.

it's possible this poster may actually be Carlos Marmol.

Yeah, that was a fun game to watch.

Although I'm getting a little sick of checking the scoreboard after we win games and seeing the White Sox won too. We have the best record in baseball and I can't even feel safe in that because there your team is 1.5 games behind and they won't go away. Oh well, if we can just play a few games above .500 ball the rest of the season we should have a very good shot at our first playoff appearance since 1987 (sad, I know). I still think there are a few too many holes on the team (hopefully some of the holes in the lineup are patched up at the ASB) to win it all but it would at least be nice to play post season baseball for once.

QUOTE(Wolverine31 @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 10:55 PM)
Yeah, that was a fun game to watch.

Although I'm getting a little sick of checking the scoreboard after we win games and seeing the White Sox won too. We have the best record in baseball and I can't even feel safe in that because there your team is 1.5 games behind and they won't go away. Oh well, if we can just play a few games above .500 ball the rest of the season we should have a very good shot at our first playoff appearance since 1987 (sad, I know). I still think there are a few too many holes on the team (hopefully some of the holes in the lineup are patched up at the ASB) to win it all but it would at least be nice to play post season baseball for once.

HAHA!

:lizard

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 01:04 AM)
Are you kidding me? Rusch is a washed-up veteren. Williams is only like 23. If I were to tank, I'd rather do it with a bunch of kids than washed-up veterens.

Have you seen Jerome Williams pitch? The guy is worse than Glendon Rusch. The Cubs have needed a starter all year and they have brought up Rich Hill, Angel Guzman, and Carlos Marmol before they brought up Jerome Williams, that should tell you something right there.

Well, the freaking Cubs got swept, and swept CONVINCINGLY. The Tigers just outclassed them all the way around, and the usually Fluffy Cloudesque Santo and Hughes had no choice but to commend the Tigers on how good they really are. There was really interesting chatter between the two announcers comparing the Tigers and White Sox, and Santo, who Ive maligned quite freqently, did his homework and made some interesting comparisons and had some good and lucid thoughts on the two teams. Cheers to Santo for being interesting, always nice to hear good baseball banter.