Freddy Garcia

BobDylan

Including today, he's given up 11 home runs in his last 5 starts. He's seen his ERA jump from 4.30 to 5.13.

I don't know why he throws 89-90 MPH after he's lived his career as a power pitcher. From what I know, it sounds just like a personal decision Freddy made. Is this true? If so, why doesn't somebody (namely Ozzie) smack him in the face and tell him to throw with the gift he has? He's not a control pitcher and it seems apparent he never will be. Furthermore, if this trend continues, should the White Sox start searching for replacements? Because frankly, a pitcher being paid 9 million bills should be able to keep a 4-0 first inning lead at 4-0.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 06:40 PM)
Including today, he's given up 11 home runs in his last 5 starts. He's seen his ERA jump from 4.30 to 5.13.

I don't know why he throws 89-90 MPH after he's lived his career as a power pitcher. From what I know, it sounds just like a personal decision Freddy made. Is this true? If so, why doesn't somebody (namely Ozzie) smack him in the face and tell him to throw with the gift he has? He's not a control pitcher and it seems apparent he never will be. Furthermore, if this trend continues, should the White Sox start searching for replacements? Because frankly, a pitcher being paid 9 million bills should be able to keep a 4-0 first inning lead at 4-0.

agreed, i was pregaming with some friends when that happened and i didnt believe my eyes

sweaty freddy has to step it up or else Bmac is in

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 07:52 PM)
Isn't GAB one of the most HR friendly parks in MLB?

One of them, yea, but Freddy just hasn't looked good in his last few starts. He's not hitting his spots, and if he's going to throw in the mid-upper 80's, he has to pitch with control.

he started off 7-1 then had a couple bad games, give him a break. Buerhle's had a few similar back to back starts of mediocracy and then came back yesterday and pitched a gem.

he's human...2 bad starts erases 7 good ones? if someone has to be talked about getting "let go" it would be leaning towards Garland. Although he had a solid outting last time out.

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 07:40 PM)
he started off 7-1 then had a couple bad games, give him a break. Buerhle's had a few similar back to back starts of mediocracy and then came back yesterday and pitched a gem.

he's human...2 bad starts erases 7 good ones? if someone has to be talked about getting "let go" it would be leaning towards Garland. Although he had a solid outting last time out.

Three L's in a row and a no decision.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 07:45 PM)
Three L's in a row and a no decision.

i know what the stats were, and again, does that subtract the 7 wins? what exactly are you trying to say?

not to mention they happened with all the pitchers were struggling which could have been to little run support from the offensive struggle...

i've seen pitchers take a 1-2 loss cause we could only score 1 run...it's not the pitcher EVERY time

Edited by Maverick0984

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 08:56 PM)
i know what the stats were, and again, does that subtract the 7 wins? what exactly are you trying to say?

not to mention they happened with all the pitchers were struggling which could have been to little run support from the offensive struggle...

i've seen pitchers take a 1-2 loss cause we could only score 1 run...it's not the pitcher EVERY time

Hmm...the 3 games that Garcia lost in his last 4 starts...he gave up 5 ER, 5 ER, 8 ER respectively...how much "Offense" do we need to provide to overcome his s*** pitching?

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 08:00 PM)
Hmm...the 3 games that Garcia lost in his last 4 starts...he gave up 5 ER, 5 ER, 8 ER respectively...how much "Offense" do we need to provide to overcome his s*** pitching?

i'm merely stating the whole team was struggling, no need to get defense there champ. or were you going to try to argue that the rest of the team was doing great and he was the only one?

it's a TEAM game, if the team is struggling as a whole, it can mess up the pitchers' psyche and cause him to make mistakes he wouldn't normally make in pressure he wouldn't normally have.

why does everyone want to get rid of everyone when they have a bad 2-3 weeks? jeez, so many bandwagoners. what did i get myself into.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 06:53 PM)
One of them, yea, but Freddy just hasn't looked good in his last few starts. He's not hitting his spots, and if he's going to throw in the mid-upper 80's, he has to pitch with control.

Where are all the "Comcast's gun sucks" people on this? Well, I'll say it: Comcast's gun sucks! They've been off all year by 3-5 MPH. Was I the only one to notice that Freddy was suddenly "back up" to the 92-94 range when he pitched on ESPN?

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 07:56 PM)

Yeah, that 5+ era supports the supposition that Garcia's losses are the result of the offense screwing him.

:lolhitting

In his losses this year he's given up:

5er in 5.1 IP

5er in 6.1 IP

8er in 5.2 IP

7er in 4.0 IP

The offense is really screwing him when he goes into batting practice mode...No 1-2 losses there, chief. Just good old-fashioned shellackings.

QUOTE(Contreras @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 08:04 PM)
Yeah, that 5+ era supports the supposition that Garcia's losses are the result of the offense screwing him.

:lolhitting

In his losses this year he's given up:

5er in 5.1 IP

5er in 6.1 IP

8er in 5.2 IP

7er in 4.0 IP

The offense is really screwing him when he goes into batting practice mode...No 1-2 losses there, chief. Just good old-fashioned shellackings.

see my above response "chief". nowhere did i say that's what he did...you kids sure jump the gun on attacking random people for no reason don't you...

Its got nothing to do with attacking people, not sure why you think by us supporting our thoughtful retorts with factual statistics is 'attacking you'.

Its a fact, Garcia has been pretty s***ty since he 'reinvented' himself. If you wanna be a control pitcher, guess what..you can't give up 16 HRs in 85 IP....thats not 'control'

And most of us aren't bandwagon fans...check how long most of us have been here...we talk about the slumps of our guys...because we keep up with things, and we WANT them to do better and be successful. Go read about how much I dislike Pods right now. Guess what? I'm thrilled that hes had a really good game today!! I want nothing else, than for him to hit 300, steal 50-60 bags, and be in that 1st position in the order EVERYDAY. But that won't stop me from criticizing him when he is badly slumping.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 08:19 PM)
Quite a statement from somebody with only 7 posts.

my "post count" has nothing to do with it...if you want to hear me quote classic Sox moments from years ago, then i'll do it. when i see, so called "fans" bashing players who've had a bad 2-3 weeks, those are bandwagon fans. REAL fans, love their team when they are losing too....

post edit: i'll repeat myself for emphasis, i don't know you or your standing in this forum, but if you honestly are basing my loyalty and that of 7 posts, you my friend, are an idiot.

Edited by Maverick0984

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 08:25 PM)
my "post count" has nothing to do with it...if you want to hear me quote classic Sox moments from years ago, then i'll do it. when i see, so called "fans" bashing players who've had a bad 2-3 weeks, those are bandwagon fans. REAL fans, love their team when they are losing too....

post edit: i'll repeat myself for emphasis, i don't know you or your standing in this forum, but if you honestly are basing my loyalty and that of 7 posts, you my friend, are an idiot.

Thank God , this is America.

REAL fans, love their team when they are losing too....They keep buying tickets to watch them choke, keep talking on their cell phones in the urine-soaked bleachers, keep cheering Neifi Perez no matter how many times his sub-replacement-level ass grounds into double plays, and never, ever, ever dare to question a pitcher that loses 5-6 mph from his fastball and starts handing out homers like candy at halloween. At all times, a real fan will compliment the player that is underperforming on the things that he does do right, for example; "Aramis may have gone 0-for-St. Louis, but his new hairstyle is snazzy as gosh-darn!" Anything less than complete blindness to the things that are wrong is bandwagoning. Viva Cubbie Blue!

Aha! Now it's easier to understand where you're coming from.

You joined today at 6 o'clock. You obviously know NOTHING about ANYONE here, yet you have the tenacity to call us bandwagoners? Run off all the history you want, I never called you a bandwagoner, I'm calling you out for being an ignorant asshole. How have you earned the respect to call any of us bandwagoners?