My first Ipod mishap

Kyyle23

On Thursday morning I wanted to make a cd with some selections on my Ipod, so I went and downloaded some software called Eph-Pod. It seemed like a nice program, it was really user friendly and I had no problems removing songs and placing them on my computer. I made my cd, went to Itunes and ejected my Ipod grabbed the cd and I was on my way to work. I am about a 1/4 of a mile away and grab my Ipod to put some music on. Nothing is there. I mean zip, zilch, nada, nothing. I scroll around, checking playlists, artists, albums, genres, composers, everything. I screamed like a little girl for about a mile, checked my ipod again, screamed some more, my eyes got blurry, I started blacking out, it was bad. For the entire day at work I sat there thinking about the 8 full days of music that I had lost in a blink of an eye, and I couldnt really figure out how I did it, although i was 100 percent positive that Eph Pod had something to do with it.

I came home, docked my ipod and brought up Itunes. Now Itunes doesnt recognize the Ipod and wants me to reset all of the settings back to factory settings(which would delete everything on the HD). The heart palpatations started again, and I closed Itunes and opened up Eph Pod, hoping for the best. THANK GOD Eph Pod recognized the Ipod AND the songs that were still on the Ipod. I had to unload them on to the computer, reset my Ipod, and reload the songs onto the Ipod. All in all, i got off with what i consider to be a stern warning, but I got to recover my music which was very important to me. I am thinking that my troubles started because I had opened the Eph Pod and when the Ipod was docked, Itunes (by default) opened as well. I ejected my Ipod from Itunes, but I never did it with Eph Pod(only because the "do not disconnect" warning stopped flashing when I ejected from Itunes), and my music was sent to some sort of music pergatory until I saved it.

If you must make a cd, I recommend CopyPod, not Eph Pod. Thats my suggestion.

/end rant :)

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 17, 2006 -> 10:49 AM)

Yeah, thanks. That really has nothing to do with what i was talking about, but thanks. lol. :P

I have a Griffin Itrip, btw.

I think if that had happened to me I would have blacked out! Luckily almost everything I have on there is taken from CDs I own but it would be a heck of an undertaking to rip every single CD I own again and catalog everything!

Glad to hear you recovered everything though - I bet that was one of those moments in life when you truly breathe a sigh of relief! :D