Bobby Valentine

Jim Fainter

Bobby V. just said on BBTN that Sammy should not be suspended, just fined, with his salary going to charity.  Just Sammy, no other suspensions, apparently.

Pardon me while I go throw up.

No suspension is stupid s***. Ozzie Smith said it best. He said he's suspend SamME 30 games.

The Cubs couldn't win!

Bobby V. just dropped from my unofficial candidates list to replace JM. Whatta idiot. You only say that when your his manager.

Shammy's new product endorsement Changing Colors Cheatos with a magic surprise.

cheetos.jpg

For the first time since the early 70's I live in a town without major league baseball. On the talk shows here Sammy has a saintly reputation with most of the callers. The cubs are "lovable losers" and have their share of fans although most folks here seem to root for the Braves (it's SC). The White Sox do not seem to exist. In Pittsburgh, they were Chicago's other team and the focus was mainly on the cubs because of the long NL rivalry with the Pirates. Some of the callers here made me want to gag. I've got to get on the air and dispense a little truth to these people. Yesterday the Fox announcer said that Sosa was "everything that's right about baseball" on the cubs- yanks telecast. Lincoln once said "you can't fool all the people all the time." It's pretty close to that when it comes to Sammy.

I was at a game last night down here in Texas and everyone was surprised how disgusted I was with home town hero Shammy ;) They don't get the Sox-Cub rivalry. I was shocked how popular he is. All that hopping and blowing kisses, I'm going to throw up now.

The manager of the Edinburg Roadrunners in the CPBL stated he had no idea how to cork a bat, where one would go to have it done, etc. Must be one more advantage of being in the bigs.

Tim McCarver was ripping Sammy a new one during the Wood Clemens match up yesterday. He kept saying that there was NO WAY that he didn't know what bat he was taking up there. Almost echoing Sammy's way previous quotes about always knowing if a bat met his exact standards or not. He said that Sosa would have known INSTANTLY if he picked up the wrong bat. Basically Tim McCarver was calling Sammy a bold faced liar right there on the Fox broadcast.

I always liked McCarver. He has a tendency to babble and repeat himself, but he still tells it like it is.

I will never forget that time on national LIVE TV when he was conducting interviews in the Braves locker room right after an NLCS win, when the village idiot, also known as Dionn Sanders, did his jerk imitation, and McCarver called him out, challenged him to a fight, and called him a "coward." Great TV, but you had to see it live. I always wondered why it was censured after the fact.

Anyway, I'm glad McCarver said lhie piece about Sammy.