Glendon Rusch to the DL

Rusch's back apparently tightened up on him after his start on Friday. The left-hander, who is 2-7 with a 7.80 ERA in 15 games, including eight starts, said the problem was minor.

"It's better to take a little more time, especially because we're in a bind for pitching," Rusch said Sunday. "I think it'll be beneficial rather than try to do something in a short period of time, which would leave us short on the mound."

Cubs manager Dusty Baker said Rusch has been battling back spasms for a while.

"It's something that kind of nags you but doesn't really hurt," Baker said. "You're trying to be a man about things and you don't want to complain about things that could be minor in some people's eyes. It's been bothering him for a while. It could happen on a bad bed on the road, a pitch. When it comes to back stuff, I don't think anybody's figured out why or how."

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 02:33 PM)
Rusch's back apparently tightened up on him after his start on Friday. The left-hander, who is 2-7 with a 7.80 ERA in 15 games, including eight starts, said the problem was minor.

"It's better to take a little more time, especially because we're in a bind for pitching," Rusch said Sunday. "I think it'll be beneficial rather than try to do something in a short period of time, which would leave us short on the mound."

Cubs manager Dusty Baker said Rusch has been battling back spasms for a while.

"It's something that kind of nags you but doesn't really hurt," Baker said. "You're trying to be a man about things and you don't want to complain about things that could be minor in some people's eyes. It's been bothering him for a while. It could happen on a bad bed on the road, a pitch. When it comes to back stuff, I don't think anybody's figured out why or how."

I would say that Prior was gonna loan him his throwing towel but I think he's gonna be needing it again here soon.

:D