AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!!&#

NUKE_CLEVELAND

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CardsJimEdmonds15 @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 03:36 PM)
Good job guys.. looks like the Cards unless Carpenter blows his 4-1 lead in the 7th will gain 3 games in the Reds in 3 days.. woohoo!!

Now let's go out there and have a fun series and whatever happens.. happens.. then the Cards take it to Detroit

Thats gonna be a great series. Im looking forward to it.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 03:24 PM)
No sense in complaining about their schedule. They are playing the exact same teams we are in Interleague play. Its just that they are clicking every bit as well as we are.

I'm not complaining, they play the teams on their schedule and that's it. But come August they will have a tougher time of it.

QUOTE(G&T @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 01:48 PM)
I'm not complaining, they play the teams on their schedule and that's it. But come August they will have a tougher time of it.

Exactly. Right now, the Tigers are on pace to win 105 games. Do you think that a team with mediocre defense, no bench, little ability to manufacture runs, and only one veteran starter who has put up solid numbers of the course of a full season is going to be playing at this level down the stretch? Neither do I.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 04:24 PM)
Exactly. Right now, the Tigers are on pace to win 105 games. Do you think that a team with mediocre defense, no bench, little ability to manufacture runs, and only one veteran starter who has put up solid numbers of the course of a full season is going to be playing at this level down the stretch? Neither do I.

Like Ive been saying all along...........The Tigers are gonna fade like a cheap sweater. Only a question of time.

The Tigers, BTW, have struck out 508 times this season. That's most in the AL by a lot. The Indians are second with 462. I doubt these numbers are updated to reflect today's games, but it doesn't really matter. That's one of those stats that does not bode well for the Tigers.

QUOTE(G&T @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 04:37 PM)
The Tigers, BTW, have struck out 508 times this season. That's most in the AL by a lot. The Indians are second with 462. I doubt these numbers are updated to reflect today's games, but it doesn't really matter. That's one of those stats that does not bode well for the Tigers.

What that tells me is that when they face a good staff they get handcuffed and they fatten up on the bottom feeders like the Flubbs.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 04:40 PM)
What that tells me is that when they face a good staff they get handcuffed and they fatten up on the bottom feeders like the Flubbs.

And that's exactly what happens.

Does Garland actually pitch better in games where he's *not* given an early lead? It seems so to me, but I'm going by my memory here and stats might not back that up.

Also, Thome appeared to have no problems playing first base, which is reassuring, since they will want him there for at least some of the interleague games.

What a great series and what an outstanding road trip. :cheers

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 05:20 PM)
Det is 15-3 vs Cle and KC

Sox are 11-10 versus those two.

There ya go.

Yeah, those two series against KC and Cle that started the year 2-4 are killing us now. We really need to improve, especially against Cleveland.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 06:53 PM)
Yeah, those two series against KC and Cle that started the year 2-4 are killing us now. We really need to improve, especially against Cleveland.

That 1-5 record in those 2 series against Chicago's AL team is really killing Detroit.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 09:53 PM)

How is that killing the Sox? They are only 1.5 back of a Detroit team that is playing as well as they possibly can.