Pujols status for the series.

NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 03:30 PM)
I know he's been on the DL with that oblique strain. Anyone know if he's gonna be around for the Sox series?

They say he's ahead of schedule, but I think we're getting lucky in getting them right now. I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the lineup with 2 weeks. He just started swinging without pain on Saturday (30 swings off of a Tee), he was scheduled to take some more swings and play some long toss today. Hasn't started facing live pitching yet.

Edit: Here's the kind of headline I like to read: Detroit Free Press, "Pujols may return in time for Tigers"

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 03:39 PM)
The Sox have an amazing habit of missing the best players of thier opponents, it happened non-stop last year and it's continued thus far this year.

You know, on some level, I'm just a little bit sad, it would have been quite fun to see him going against Jose, just to see who would win that one. I won't lose any sleep over it though.

Izzy says Pujols' return is imminent

Trainer, skipper more cautious in appraising slugger's progress

By Conor Nicholl / MLB.com

ystC9nKh.jpg

ST. LOUIS -- Jason Isringhausen said Albert Pujols, sidelined with a right oblique strain, could return to the Cardinals in the Detroit series starting June 23. "We should get Albert back in Detroit," the Cardinals' closer said after Sunday's game. "That should help take the load off Scott [Rolen] and Juan [Encarnacion]."

Cardinals head trainer Barry Weinberg offered a sarcastic response when told of Isringhausen's comment. "If Izzy says it, then it must be gospel. He is progressing," Weinberg said. "He is satisfied today and took some ground balls and played catch, did some running and hit in the cage. What we will do is repeat it tomorrow during the off-day. He will start hitting off the coaches on Tuesday."

Weinberg said there is no date set for Pujols' return. The first baseman could be activated as soon as Tuesday.

[More in URL]

QUOTE(CardsJimEdmonds15 @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 09:06 PM)
Izzy says Pujols' return is imminent

Trainer, skipper more cautious in appraising slugger's progress

By Conor Nicholl / MLB.com

ystC9nKh.jpg

ST. LOUIS -- Jason Isringhausen said Albert Pujols, sidelined with a right oblique strain, could return to the Cardinals in the Detroit series starting June 23. "We should get Albert back in Detroit," the Cardinals' closer said after Sunday's game. "That should help take the load off Scott [Rolen] and Juan [Encarnacion]."

Cardinals head trainer Barry Weinberg offered a sarcastic response when told of Isringhausen's comment. "If Izzy says it, then it must be gospel. He is progressing," Weinberg said. "He is satisfied today and took some ground balls and played catch, did some running and hit in the cage. What we will do is repeat it tomorrow during the off-day. He will start hitting off the coaches on Tuesday."

Weinberg said there is no date set for Pujols' return. The first baseman could be activated as soon as Tuesday.

[More in URL]

That would really rock if he missed the White Sox but comes back in time for their series with Detroit.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 09:13 PM)
So it sounds like he could be activated, but possibly not play.

Yea there's that chance.. he doesnt wanna DH really.. Fine.. he could play 1st and let someone else DH if he's ready to :lolhitting

Anyways, I hope he doesnt rush back although I wouldnt mind the MVP coming back sometime (duh!)..

Then again, we dont really need him right now (we're playing well right now and plus 6 games against the Sox and Tigers probably wont really mean anything).. considering Cincy and Houston arent really gaining any ground on us..

QUOTE(CardsJimEdmonds15 @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 09:19 PM)
Yea there's that chance.. he doesnt wanna DH really.. Fine.. he could play 1st and let someone else DH if he's ready to :lolhitting

Anyways, I hope he doesnt rush back although I wouldnt mind the MVP coming back sometime (duh!)..

Then again, we dont really need him right now (we're playing well right now and plus 6 games against the Sox and Tigers probably wont really mean anything).. considering Cincy and Houston arent really gaining any ground on us..

Cincy just got used to wipe up the floor with by us and Houston still has series against us and Detroit. They're gonna have a rough go for certain.

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 03:47 PM)
I agree. He alone is the exception, and the antithesis, to the "good pitching stops good hitting" axiom.

SFF

As long as we are up 8-0 and no one is on base for him, I say, let him play!!!

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 03:30 PM)
I know he's been on the DL with that oblique strain. Anyone know if he's gonna be around for the Sox series?

I read in the USA that at the earliest he'd be ready later this week and most likely at the start of next week. He won't be playing against the Sox.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 03:54 PM)
I read in the USA that at the earliest he'd be ready later this week and most likely at the start of next week. He won't be playing against the Sox.

Just rest up and get healthy for Detroit Albert!